Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There use to be a forum for Marlin rifles only ! Does this forum still exist as I cannot locate it!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sorry guys, Marlin-Talk was "permanently" removed from the Marlin Firearms website today, without warning.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Coyote Hunter! It's me, Arizona, from MarlinTalk... Glad to see a familiar face here. I suppose we're all still stunned and wondering what happened. Probably a Communist plot... I'm hoping alot of us migrate here, as this is a great site also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ArizonaRanchMan said:
Hey Coyote Hunter! It's me, Arizona, from MarlinTalk... Glad to see a familiar face here. I suppose we're all still stunned and wondering what happened. Probably a Communist plot... I'm hoping alot of us migrate here, as this is a great site also.
Yankees 1 [ aka taurus]made over to here! Jackfish is over at 24hourcampfire also so you might check in there too! Pretty cheap of Marlin to do this with no warning! But, we have to go on!

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Really a shock of loosing MarlinTalk as it was a great resource. I hope nothing "funny" is happening as they do have one of my rifles!

I suspect some of the "suits" in the organization monitored MT activity. May be they didn't like all the negative talk about Marlin that was taking place?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Coyote Hunter thanks for the email on the move to here. Really disappointed in Marlin Talk shutting down.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Man did I love that forum, I got so much info from the people there. Sad to see it go. Thankyou so much to the people that keep this site going, the knowledge that is shared here is unreplaceable.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am amazed the forum was stopped. I suppose it didn't have the same effect on me it did all others. I have bought 7 Marlins since I joined in April of 2002. Wonder where I will get my positive reinforcement now? Might this cure the disease?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello former MT members.I just posted on the other thread,just wanted to say glad everyone is meeting up here,and hope to see more familiar people in the time to come.BTW,I don't think Marlin should have just dropped the forums,if they had problems they should have tried to correct them before trashing the site.Just glad we have places like this.Thanks.

sprest22

·
Registered
56 Posts
AGGHHHH! I am going through withdrawal! I checked MarlinTalk everyday! The whole reason I own a .35Remington, which I had never even heard of before, was because of the great discussions on MarlinTalk.

Needless to say, I am writing Marlin Firearms a letter.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm not that surprised it's gone. Marlin Talk had many good members and was a source of useful info. However, It also drew some real jerks. Simple disagreements often degenerated into name calling and , in some cases, into threatened violence. There was political rancor and garbage which had no place in such a forum. Throw that in with the nasty remarks and frequent complaints about the sponsor, and it's easy to see why they pulled the plug. That said, Marlin Talk was still responsible for my purchasing two more Marlin rifles. They weren't new ones, but they were still Marlins.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I went there often, but posted little anymore. As Lossking said above, I got fed up with all the BS a year or more ago and pretty much lost interest in sorting through the crap to find the meat. I don't think I posted more than 50 times there in the last year or so but had somewhere around 500 post in the first year they were up, then it started to degenerate. Too bad too because it started out very good.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi taurus - Jackfish is registered here also. I hope MarlinMan93 and Parley Baer find their way over here too, I liked to read their responses to questions about older Marlins! Glad all you other former members made it over here! :D CEJ..

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've always owned Marlin rimfires but Marlin can thank Marlin Talk for my BigBore purchases. Not sure they understood how much business Marlin Talk produced for them.

LMM

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi CEJ and All my old MT bussies...MAMMOTH is in THE HOUSE! When they turn MT back on...will get some email addy's then and email the guys we are here...
Best to all;
Jake

1 - 20 of 24 Posts