Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can anyone tell me about the Marlin lever guns ie 57M (.22Mag) in particular?
I had used one back in about 1964ish but haven't seen one since. I know where that same gun resides now and might inquire if it's for sale. The fellow is now in his late 70's and may be pursuaded to sell. So, that begs the question of what $ value to put on it? I don't have a current gun value book. My 1985 book shows $100 excellant shape & 2001 book shows $195.....but that's gotta be low now. It's a farmers gun so it may still reside in the porch off the kitchen leaning in a corner so no telling the exact condition ie moisture wise etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Excellent gun - I had one in the early 60's. A nice one to day will run $325 or so - depending on the condition. I want to get another one. I bought a Winchester pump 22 mag. not bad at all, but I'd like a lever again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to answer my own ? back at post #1, I saw a Marlin M57 .22LR/magazine style at a gun show over the wknd and it was priced at $235. Fair shape, not pristine in any way but fully functional. So, wonder if the M57M (.22WMR) would be priced more?

Also saw a M62 Marlin there in .30 Carbine and it was priced at $3++, forgot the exact value. It was in better outside condition then the M57 .22LR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts