Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for someone who can make the rounds for this. i am told it is a 219 zipper round.
any info will be much appreciated.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,730 Posts
Congrats, you have a bit of a rarity. Try the Old Western Scrounger -

http://www.ows-ammo.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21

A web search turned up other hits. Reloading may be your best bet, unless you just want to pop off a couple of rounds to say you did.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. It's probably a model 336, by the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it is on the barrel marlin model 339. i know i had to look at it several times
because my uncles is a model 336 and i have both guns. the 336 is a 30-30 and dads 339 is a 219 zipper round. ill get my friend to try and get a pic of the barrel, he is a gun smith but just doesnt have the ability right now to make rounds

·
Registered
801 Posts
yes it is on the barrel marlin model 339. i know i had to look at it several times
because my uncles is a model 336 and i have both guns. the 336 is a 30-30 and dads 339 is a 219 zipper round. ill get my friend to try and get a pic of the barrel, he is a gun smith but just doesnt have the ability right now to make rounds

Yes, a picture of the barrel roll form would be helpful. The Marlin 219 Zipper was manufactured during 1955-1959, which had serial numbers starting with M,N,P,R and S. Does your serial number start with any of these letters?

Dan

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Sounds like someone must have turned over the 6 when the barrel was stamped, but that doesn't make sense either, as I beleive that those are supposed to be roll stampings. I've seen three .219's, and they were all marked 336.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marlin Model 336 SC - Cal.219 Zipper Serial M10439

ok so it is a 336 he must have looked at it wrong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts