Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a loading window plate "the part with the bullet groove" from a marlin model 336 fit on an older model 36???

·
Super Moderator
13,322 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Rules are to join in, have fun, and play nicely with the rest of us kids.

I don't know the answer off hand. My first approach would be to call Marlin customer support and ask if the same loading gate fits both? 800-544-8892.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,406 Posts
Also, you can dig around on the Numrich site - www.e-gunparts.com

Sometimes it's possible to tell what parts are common across models.

But I agree Marlin should be the authoritative source.

·
Registered
478 Posts
If it is from an early 336 when the factory was sharing 36 parts with the new 336 line then most definitely.

1967 on top and a 1948 on the bottom.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If it is from an early 336 when the factory was sharing 36 parts with the new 336 line then most definitely.

1967 on top and a 1948 on the bottom.
Interesting difference in the fore-ends -- what models are they?

Thanks,

The Old Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
loading window

Thank's everybody, I'm guessing it's older than 1948 mr.oldwolf becuase the fireing pin bolt is not round it is square.My grandpa bought it at the Keego hardware in Keego harbor Mi in the 50's. #'s on the barrel 36-a-dl-30-30 cal.--a. #'s on stock tang D13400 or O134OO the first digit is either a D or a 0. Thanks again for your help. I'm going to try the phone # unclenick left and site from Mike G

·
Registered
478 Posts
1948 was the first year for the 336. I was just showing how the loading gates were different between early and later 336's.

Your 36 should have the same loading gate as my 1948 336. Does it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't no. I recieved the rifle with cracked stock "fixed that already" and a missing loading gate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts