Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i know that most marlin 60 feed problems are almost always based on a dirty gun that is not what i am asking for.

my model 60 has a problem only feeding the last couple of rounds and usually it is not a half way feed it just looks like there is nothing there. even if i bump the rifle pretty hard and cycle the action several times.

talked to a gunsmith the other day about getting a replacement for the mag tube follower and spring he said they were fine and they should be plenty powerful enough.

i was just wondering what you guys thought about this. this has always been a problem with this gun that i bought used and i have cleaned the mag tube out before still a problem. i have not cleaned it out in a while but still.

·
Registered
11,966 Posts
I had a Glenfield 60 which I had constant failure to feed problems after shooting the first magazine through the gun. Ended up selling it to a guy I worked with and he used a different brand of ammo and claimed he never had that problem.

I'd heard from others the part that holds and lifts the shell is subject to wear, and replacing that part will cure the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts