Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took in a Mod 60 from a friend at work for a through and through. The story behind the gun is quite simple, he was out hunting and found it laying in the bottom of a pile of rubble, says he stepped down and something didn't feel right, dug through things and there it was. Needless to say, it's filthy, I've gotten the thing apart as I have done with several others and went to cleaning, with q-tips, and solvents, and cleaners as one would do, started in on the Hammer mechanism with solvent and a q-tip, and the whole blasted thing sprung apart in my hand...now having been trying to do this carefully to prevent this from happening, I have NO IDEA how it goes back together, I think I have found all the parts, but I can't find a diagram of how it all goes together, I really don't want to have to buy this guy a new rifle to replace this one, and I don't particularly want to have to even buy parts for it. IF ANYONE HAS A GOOD DIAGRAM OF THE HAMMER MECHANISM, I WOULD LOVE TO USE IT, SEE IT, HAVE ACCESS TO IT, ANYTHING WILL HELP....Thanks, God Bless

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have a model 75c, which is basically the same thing. Is there a way for me to take it apart for a picture without it coming part? I just did a basic cleaning to mine to make sure it was safe to shoot and that is about it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help guys, I found the parts that went missing and worked it like a jigsaw puzzle. Got it back together and everything is fine now. Thank God. God Bless

1 - 3 of 3 Posts