Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to find anyone with any information on where I can find a fluted barrel for my Marlin XS7 7mm-08. Any info on where to find one, what the best brands are, and general info on the swap would be greatly appreciated. Im a disabled combat veteran and have been invited to shoot some 500+ yard competitions. I am an avid deer hunter now, but I was always an amazing shot for the Army as well. Want to dress up my new 7mm-08 and have it ready to compete soon. Thanks in advance for any advice, info, and help!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
You can use a barrel made for a standard Savage, just have to trim a few thousandths off the breech.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
HornedHunter, welcome to the forum. This is a great site that you will find helpful and friendly whether it's the members or the moderators and administrators. The latter keep the forum fair and balanced and on subject.
I would contact McGowen Precision Barrels and see if they do, if not maybe they can point you in the right direction. I've heard and read multiple times that the Savage barrels will fit the Marlins and they have the same thread and barrel nut as well as use the same wrench to remove the nut. McGowen makes all kinds of barrels for Savage including pre-fit. I've also heard a lot of good things about McGowens barrels and the price is right. Thank you for your service, it it greatly appreciated.

McGowen Precision Barrels Home

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,990 Posts
This has been covered over at Marlinowners.
As said, the thread spec is a standard Savage small shank.

Dangerous Dan is the big "push" behind the " you must shave" notion.
I personally have never found that on any of mine. His measured specs, and mine are not the same. So Measure twice and cut once, so to speak. This is a case of "manufacturing tollerances" not being the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.