Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday afternoon I Cissey and I drove over to Gainesville for Dr.Lange to test the pressure in my eyes. After the test Dr.Lange and I discussed in details the problem with depth of field and fuzzy pistol sights. Dr.Lange is a pistol shooter and hunter. He had mentioned before some of his thoughts, as I posted before. This time we got deeper into the subject. He suggests a small round bi-focal set in the lens, slighty above your straight away vision. All you would have to do is rotate down to pick it up. He also showed me a new color for shooting glasses..It's pale yellow for inside ranges, but changes to a orange ourside. He took a big lens of it and we tested it inside and outside. It cut everything much sharper for me. He says a pair of shooting glasses, with the round bi-focal will help our poor eyes more than anything. He can make them up for you, but would need the following...(1) a prescription for bi-focal from your eye doctor, (2) the exact distance from your eye to midway in between your sights at the distance you hold out. (3) Your age, and (4)which is your dominate and shooting eye.
He says he will be happy to answer, by email, any of your questions.....langeeyecare.com
This young man is tops!!! I think we should put his email address as a link on our Forum, where all could consult him!
Bottom line is he keeps me from going blind in my right eye! So far!
Best Regards, James

(Edited by James Gates at 7:40 am on Feb. 27, 2001)

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Sounds like this gentleman is sympathetic to our cause, and our needs!   Also sounds like he's on the ball as far as addressing those needs!

Many thanks!

God Bless,

Marshall

1 - 2 of 2 Posts