Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all of the faithful visitors to the Shooters Forum.

As many of you may have noticed, Marshall, my father, has not been active here on the forum nor answered any number of email for the past week. No, he hasn't just been ignoring you. Last weekend he began to show signs of a minor stroke, with slurred speech, blurred vision, and limited use of his left hand. Since that time the hypothosis' of the doctors have changed, and it seems that it may not be a stroke at all, but early symptoms of multiple sclerosis. The symptoms have done nothing save worsen. Tomorrow he will be going in for more testing, and I hope to have an update for you within the next 24 hours.

So please, if you would, be patient if correspondence responses slacken, or phones are not answered at certain times of the day. I will be forwarding the business phone and all Beartooth email to a place where I will be able to answer it as I work Exbabylon. You will also be receiving replies from others besides myself, but the mail has to be sorted through first. Some requests for specific reloading data or custom molds, etc. may not be answered until Marshall has a chance to deal with them, we are unsure of how long that will be at this time.

Our family has always enjoyed the fellowship here on these forums, and our visitors contribution to this website and lives. I would ask that you keep Marshall in prayer as we work through this. I can assure you that Beartooth will still continue to function, however, and this will not effect the long term outcome of this company.

Thank you all for your continued support and prayer, God Bless,

Alex Stanton

·
Beartooth Regular
2,160 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that. I wish Marshall and the whole family well and I hope things turn out okay. Take care...      IDShooter

·
Registered
51 Posts
You all will be in our prayers. Keep us posted when possible.
                               yours truly,
                              Walt and family

·
Registered
268 Posts
Very sorry to hear that marshall is unwell, i wish him a speedy recovery. Get well soon.  

My very best wishes

Englander

·
Registered
339 Posts
Gods speed back to health, Marshall........Marko

·
Beartooth Regular
5,218 Posts
Hang in there tough, Marshall.  You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I wish the Stanton family the best in their slight misfortune. My prayers are with you. Marshall, things will workout for the best.
  Regards,
  Ron

·
Registered
628 Posts
Marshall,

I have a 42 year old brother who has endured exactly the same ordeal.  Stoke like symptoms but after testing, no conclusive results.....maybe the onset of MS.  The doctors still aren't sure, but after three and a half months my brother is recovered 95% and is back at work.

I pray you'll follow his example, after all, you can't keep good men down!

Prayers.....

Don "Lobo" Lohr in New Mexico

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Alex....As you know your father and I have talked on the phone many times over the last two years. We discussed many things..bullets, business, hunting, and many private things. I feel very close to him. Plese let him know he is in my prayers and give him my love. Let me know the results of the tests.
Love To All.....James and Cissey

·
Registered
35 Posts
My prayers to will be with Marshall and his family. Although I have never met him, I have spoke to him on the phone many times and have learned alot from our conversations.

May God Bless You Friend and Your Family,

Tony

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hope all goes well with you and the family, and that the recovery of Mr. Stanton is speedy and complete.

Regards,
Timberwolf

·
Beartooth Regular
1,116 Posts
To say this sudden news is troubling would be an understatement. While I've only had one all too brief phone conversation with your Dad I consider him to be a friend. It is my most sincere hope that his health will take as quick a turn for the better. It goes without saying that he and your family will be in the Lester family's prayers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Alex-

Your father and whole family will be in my prayers. I spoke with him for the first time just last Thursday. The conversation must have been half an hour but felt like two minutes it was such a pleasure.

God bless
Kevin

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,436 Posts
Hang in there... after seeing a friend diagnosed with this a couple of years ago, it is tough but you can work through it.

At least you know what you are dealing with now.

Best of luck.

·
Beartooth Regular
598 Posts
By His stripes, in the power of His blood... may His grace abound.
With love to the entire Stanton family.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gents,

We do not yet know what is causing this. He is being transferred to a nerologist in a regional hospital at this time. WIll keep you informed, and at the moment you know as much as we do. At this point the doctors are unsure of anything, of course there are several theories, but none of them proved, nor ruled out, as of yet.

Thank you all for your support, the messages we've received have been a real encouragement!

God Bless,

Alex Stanton

1 - 20 of 35 Posts