Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some years ago I came across a rifle with a Mauser action, except that the bolt was a telescopoing type. This moved the barrel back about 2 inches and gave it a short very well balanced feel.

I think it was a Model 66. Does anyone know more about this rifle?

·
Banned
238 Posts
Loader, I just checked my copy of the Gun Traders Guide and it does have the Mauser model 66 listed. It was made in 6 models, a deluxe - M66S, a standard rifle also with the model number of 66S, a match rifle - M66SP, an Ultra- M66S, a big game - M66SG and a carbine - M66ST. They were made from 1971 to 1973 in U.S. and metric calibers and you could purchase extra barrels for them. Prices start at 1000.00 and go up from there! It is a very odd looking bolt with the bolt handle forward of the double set triggers. Hope this helps you. CEJ...

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CEJ -

Yup, thats the gun. I remember the bolt handle being in front of the trigger guard. I think it was attached to the front of the bolt. This allowed the bolt to collapse into itself and restrict its travel into your face, allowing the barrel and receiver to be set back a couple of inches. Very clever, but not cheap! Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts