Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Question for Joel B.

I also have a 98/29 Persian Mauser barreled action. I've been kicking around the idea for a while of having it built into a .358 Norma Magnum, some day. My question is, are the 30-06 length magnums also difficult to get to feed correctly? I don't want to waste hundreds of dollars paying someone to get it to feed

I knew from experience that any custom work (including a standard sporterizing job) was not cheap; however if it's going to cost a couple thousand dollars I think I'd rather go the same route as duane and re-barrel a .300 or .338 Win Mag.:confused:

· Registered
204 Posts
Joel B-

After reading your comments about the Interarms Mark X I did some looking around. Charles Daly is going to be importing them as soon as some import tariff problems are straightened out. They are made by Zastava in Yugoslavia and are supposed to be the exact same action. They offer stainless or carbon steel versions and can be purchased as a complete rifle, barreled action, or just the action. Maybe one of these in a stainless .300 Win Mag length action would be just the thing to build that .358 Norma Mag.

I sure hope that the quality of these actions will be good; as I'm sure the war was not very good for Yugoslavia's industries.

· Registered
204 Posts
I think I'll just wait for the Charles Daley Stainless actions to come in. Or maybe buy a field grade stainless rifle in .300 Win Mag and just have it re-barreled. That should be the most cost effective way to build a .358 Norma Mag.

Let's hope these import problems get straightened out.:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.