Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening folks
Was looking at a Winchester Mdl 94AE at a pawn shop today. They wanted $750. for it. I thought that was high since it didn't have a walnut stock, looked to be Birch or Beech. it was .357 magnum. Asked if they were open to offers and offered $650. Said the best they could do was $750. out the door no tax. Didn't buy it. What has this rifle been selling for in your area? Thanks MC

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had one appraised today. This shop has always treated me pretty straight so I'll go with their opinion; in my area 500-600.
I went to a show at the fairgrounds today and looked around at the like models offered. No one had the 16 inch AE model, but other 94's in 357 were being offered for 375-435. Marlins were a bit more, though the ones today were in better shape than the Winchesters.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Bert. I wasn't going to pay $750. and I felt $650 was a fair offer . If the rifle had a exceptional stock I cold see the $750 price tag (maybe) but it was like I said just plain jane birch stock with no figure to it at all and the forend and but stock were not a match in color, the forend was a little darker than the butt stock. MC

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

Prices in my area are about like Berts (not surprising, we are only ten miles apart). I think $650 would be very high. One caution, don't buy an early model 357, serial number under 6,200,000, they had issues with feeding. Winchester discontinued mfg. for a year or two until it could be corrected..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi JBledsoe
Thanks for the info on the earlier Winchester AE'S. I wasn't aware they had a feeding problem. I decided to go with a 1894 Marlin CB. MC

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hi JBledsoe
Thanks for the info on the earlier Winchester AE'S. I wasn't aware they had a feeding problem. I decided to go with a 1894 Marlin CB. MC
Good choice! I have a Marlin 1894C. Never a hic-up, feeds anything, accurate, and easy to disassemble for cleaning when needed. You will love yours.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks JB I haven't got it yet I'm shoping around for the best deal I can find. I do like the 1894C as well as the 1894CB. I could end up with the 1894C if I find a price that is too good to turn down. Chances of that happening probably aren't that good. MC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts