Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully we all have a freezer full of venison, so, after chili, burgers, spaghetti, try thgis with the ground meat.
1 lb. ground venison
8oz. cream cheese
2 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 ccup sugar free catsup
tbl. pepper
1.5tbl. chipolte seasoning
1 small onion well sliced
1 small bell pepper well sliced
Mix well, place in loaf pan... another 1/2 onion, and bell pepper, well sliced on top, 1/2 cup sugar free catsup on top of that.
Bake at 350degrees for 70min.

reheats great

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
That sure sounds great! It looks like the only ground I got was made into breakfast sausage though. But, it and the Italian link sausage they made are both absolutely great, so I'll have to forgive them....lol. :D

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Never tried adding cream cheese. I need to give it a try. I prefer cracker crumbs over bread crumbs.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I use the store bought meat loaf spices and instead of hamburger and pork I use equal parts of ground venison or elk and ground turkey. Low fat and delicious!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sounds good.For a little different twist try it cordon bleu.Spead out your meat loaf mix on a sheet of wax paper about 1/4 to 1/2'' thick..then layer it with deli cut swiss and black forest haM each piece covers half of preceding piece. then roll it up and cook up like normal meat loaf.When cut the ham and cheese are swirled in the loaf... tasty.......

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
That sounds great, and suppose the cream cheese is compensating for beef fat that might normally be there. If a celery fan, try 1/2 cup of finely chopped celery in the mix. It works for burger patties too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts