Shooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
I sent it, but I'm having trouble with my e-mail -- again -- so if you don't get it let me know and I'll try again.

DC

·
Banned
1 Posts
Regardless of published data, if I get a bar from an untrusted source.... chuck it up and see what your scale says it throws. Call me compulsive. but I will take 20 consecutive readings tapping the bottles for luck every now and then to get a good feel for what I am dropping with any powder. I do a variance and an average. Check your data. Remember that just because the bar says 1 and 1/8 oz doesn't mean that is what you get.... 8's are less dense than 9's by volume. 2's and 5's won't even be close. 1 have seen "drilings" in bars and "fillings" in bars. Don't be scared. Just be sure.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I've got a old pre 82' MEC 600 Jr that I finally set up and used after 20 yrs. The red bar is marked 12 GA 8G. I measured the shot and it is just a tad over 1 1/8 oz of #9 shot. I was using Unique which I weighed at 16 or 17 grs. I used the shot volume but used my Redding Powder Measure for the proper 22 grs of Unique.

CD

·
Registered
416 Posts
I still use an 8G bar in an old Super 250. 1 1/4 ounces shot, Green Dot and it's still my favorite upland load. I have a 650 that still has the original 0 bar in it. Fine Trap load. A 13W bar sits in another Super 250, a great very heavy load. Those old bars were for very specific loads, but no reason to not use them. (I also have adjustable charge bars and a set of the new-style bars. I'm not completely lost in another era).

DC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Charge bar data

Just received a MEC 600 jr from my father in law. Believe it is early 80's. it came with 2 charge bars, one is marked 302 118 & the other is 12 Ga . 0. Was hoping I could get the data on these. Thanks.
Jeff
[email protected]

21 - 40 of 48 Posts