Shooters Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
The 302 118 is a newer style bar. 1 1/8 ounces of shot and takes powder bushings to determine powder charge.

The 0 Bar is also a 1 1/8 ounce bar and with either Red Dot or Green Dot will make a 3 DE (1,200 FPS) shell. )I always used Green Dot).

DC

·
Registered
2 Posts
could I get a copy of the mec charging bar guide to interpret the markings on the old bars

thanks,
Scott

Email removed
Found MEC Charging Bar Guide

Hi Everyone,

I found a MEC Charging Bar Guide with data for the 12 GA 0 red charge bar. It throws 1 1/8 oz of shot and a specified powder charge per the MEC Charging Bar Guide table.

If anyone wants a copy of the MEC Charging Bar Guide table, I'll send you one. It includes all the old red charge bars numbered from 0 to 16, and some of the numbers have a single letter behind them like OH, 1B, 8W, etc.

I couldn't find the Charging Bar Guide on MEC's website. Thanks for the idea to check the first edition of the Lyman Shotshell Handbook published in 1969. Someone on another forum said to look on the the ShotgunWorld.com website.

The 12 GA 0 red charge bar dates back to the late 60's and early 70's. I finally found the original paperwork that came with my Dad's Versamec 700 and the Charging Bar Guide is on the back of the parts diagram. It is dated Oct 5th 1972. Plus via a gun show find, I picked up an original MEC 600 JR parts diagram with the Charging Bar Guide on the back and that was dated July 3rd 1969.

Thanks everyone for helping solve this mystery. I really appreciate it.

helenajoe
Hello looking for data for old bars. EMAIL REMOVED thanks

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,730 Posts
This is an old thread and DMC hasn't been on the forum since 2015. I wouldn't be putting your email out in plain text if I were you.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts