Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all.
My partner and I shoot Metallic Silhouette here in Australia.
We shoot TC 22 Hornet for FP P/AS and are happy with our loads.
We shoot a FA 357 for Revolver (obviously) and are happy with those loads.
Currently we shoot a TC Contender 357 and have done lots of load testing but have never been fully happy with the loads/results.
We have only been shooting for 14 months and reloading is a whole other variable.
We have 2 x 300 Whisper/Blackout barrels coming from MGM USA one for Production, the other for Standing to take over from the 357.
We are looking for info of what others use to help with our load development.
Any ideas on projectile type/shape/weight, powder type/grains, etc would be much appreciated?
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
So what ranges are we talking about? Are you talking Cast load or strickly Jacket bullets. I have no problem shooting clay targets out to 250-275 yards with my 300 Blkout with the Lee cast 155 gr GC bullets and 15.5 gr of LilGun that run at 1950 fps in my AR setup with just a red dot site. So a single shot target rifle should be able do very well out to 400 yards or more. For Jacketed bullet I like the 150 gr Speer BT at about the same velocity . If you can get a BT designed 125gr bullet even better ! I've shot the FB 125 gr TNT Speer but have not been impressed as far as accuracy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts