Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
MY FIRST MIKE WAS A PLAIN JANE MITOTOYA BOUGHT ABOUT 35 YEARS AGO. IT STILL WORKS JUST FINE AND IS STILL DEAD ON THE SETTING STANDARD I USE. SINCE THEN I'VE USED STARRETT, FOWLER, RCBS, MIDWAY, HORNADY, AND ANOTHER WHO'S NAME ESCAPES ME.
A BLADE MIKE IS MOST HANDY AND YOU CAN! READ PRESSURES WITH IT ONCE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, AND YOU DON'T AND WON'T FOR QUITE A SPELL YET. I ONCE COMPARED BLADE MIKE READINGS WITH LOADS WORKED UP ON THE PRESSURE EQUIPMENT HERE AT THE PLANT USING ALL NEW BRASS AND IT TRACKED KEN WATERS SYSTEM REMAKABLY WELL.
AT THE MOMENT I'M USING ONE OF THE NEW RCBS ELECTRONIC MIKES AND I'M QUITE TAKEN WITH IT. WITH IT MOUNTED IN A MIKE STAND I CAN MIKE BULLETS TO 1/2 OF .0001" SO FAST IT IS SPOOKY. IT HAS ALSO A BUNCH OF OTHER ELECTRONIC FEATURES LIKE PIPING ALL THE DATA INTO A 'PUTER IF THAT IS OF INTEREST TO YOU.
BUY A GOOD MIKE AND YOU'LL BE USING IT FOR YEARS. YOU DON'T NEED A 3-500 DOLLAR MIKE BUT PUTTING A GOOD 100 BUCKS OR SO IN ONE IS A GOOD INVESTMENT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.