Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On this most solemn day of remembrance (9-11) there is rejoicing in the State of Missouri. The state legislature today voted to override three of Governor Bob Holdens vetoes. 1) the bill to allow Missouri residents to carry conceiled weapons, 2) a bill to ban frivolous lawsuits against the gun industry (and such other intents) and another on abortion rights. I am proud to say that Missouri will have a program on the books in about a month and I, for one, will be at the head of the line to apply for my CCW permit. I have had permits before when I lived in Indiana and New Hampshire. It will be nice to be allowed to "dress comfortably" legally again.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,454 Posts
As I understand it, Missouri will now honor concealed carry permits from other states. Yeah!!! Now my Texas CHL is good when I visit family back in MO. Already was good in OK and AR, states I occasionally go through. Now Kansas needs one for the times when we visit my father-in-law (although frankly most cops in rural Kansas would probably look at you funny if you weren't carrying a gun in the car).

A LONG wait for this... in no small part due to meddling by the Clintons (the last time this was on a statewide ballot Hillary was so kind as to tell Missouri residents that they did not deserve to have any form of self protection, while of course surrounded by her secret service bodyguards).

Now I gotta just talk my dad into buying a Glock... LOL....

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Well, that's too bad, I'm sorry to hear that. Now I guess blood will run in the streets of MO just like it has in every other state that has passed concealed carry and crime will go through the roof. Wait a minute, IT HASN'T? What is that, crime has gone DOWN in every state with CCW? You mean to tell me the liberal anti-gun people have been LIEING TO US???????? How can that be? They wouldn't lie would they; after all, it's for the children???? Kennedy, Feinstein, Clinton, Shumer, lie, say it ain't so!

OK, enough sarcasm. Congratulations on being able to join most of the rest of the country in being able to defend yourself. Now if IL would get off their liberal Democrat butts and do the same, along with CA and NY, that will truly be a great day!

·
Registered
55 Posts
You from IL, Big Bore??
I used to live in Cook Co. I now reside in OK, my year of residency is up and Im about to get a ccw. The only things I miss about that sh** hole is the chicago restaurants and my mom. Daley is a turd and that shrimp gov is sleeping with him. What really needs to happen is all of Il south of Joliet needs to form a new state.
Whose real fault that Il is in that condition is the conservatives (like me) voted for the crook Ryan and not Poshard 2 elections ago. We really screwed up, but who couldve known?
uh, sorry for the rant.
Feel better now.
olyeller

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,454 Posts
Have faith. The big-city politicians in St. Louis and K.C. worked hard to torpedo CCW in Missouri, but eventually they were defeated.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Nah, I'm from the Hoosier State. While we have our negatives, like what the heck is a Hoosier?, one good thing is our CCW law is written into the state constitution and is a shall issue state. Unlike other states where CCW law has been passed into law, all it takes is a real anti governor to repeal it. I have to admit to being impressed with MO's case, they must have a really strong pro-gun legislature with cahoonas the size of mellons to completely buck the governor on this issue. YO' GO MO! In Indiana, in order for the ccw law to be done away with, it will take a change in the state's constitution, which a bit harder than recending a law.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You 'Show-me-your-Gun' and 'Hoosier' states are lucky. We 'Buckeyes' are unarmed. :( By the way, what the heck is a 'hoosier'? Can't be much worse than a buckeye, which is a poisonious tree nut. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hoosier

A.J. said:
You 'Show-me-your-Gun' and 'Hoosier' states are lucky. We 'Buckeyes' are unarmed. :( By the way, what the heck is a 'hoosier'? Can't be much worse than a buckeye, which is a poisonious tree nut. :rolleyes:
The origins of the word "hoosier" seems to be a bit vague. The Dictionary says it is a nick-name for anyone from Indiana. It also gives a secondary meaning as someone who is awkward or backward. ( I guess it connotates to something similar to a hillbilly.) My Dad, who was born and raised a Hoosier, said the term came from way back when the first europeans (whites) started settling in the area. Due to the population of native americans (indians) still being in the region it was a common reaction upon hearing a knock at your cabin door to ask "Hoosier?" It being a derivative of the phrase "who's there?" I'm not sure if my Dad was joking or not about it. While living there in the Ft. Wayne to Marion, IN area for a number of years myself the "other" definition I heard was that a "Hoosier" was a hillbilly (from either TN or KY) that was on his way to Detroit (probably looking for work in the auto mills) but ran out of gas. That's the stories I've heard and I'm sticking to them. :p

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks Cliff. Was in Anderson, IN last week and no one there knew what a 'Hoosier' was either. I like your dad's explanation, the "WHO'S THERE?" at the door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts