Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please give me some feed back.  if i load a 250 gr keith bullet from marshall in a 4 inch 29, using 2400 and a standard lp primer and run up to about 1150fps.  will this put any undo pressure on the smith frame? or will this load be well under 36,000 pressure limit?  the actual load of power will be dependent on the fps, but i will start at about 18 gr with a heavy crimp from a lyman crimp die.
brass will be winchester that is trimmed. gun has already been firelapped using marshall's method.
note brass can be 44 special or 44 mag.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think this would be much like my low stress load of 10 Unique with like weight bullets.  I got 1142 with the lyman (keith type) 429 hollowpoint that weighs 235 gr. The pressures should be down in the mid 20,000 range rather than the 36 you mention.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,461 Posts
Sounds like a pretty mild load to me - especially compared to my 280gr WFNGC's at 1350fps in a Super Blackhawk!

Nice picture.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have used these bullets in the 4" over 10 Unique Velocities vary from 1060s for the 240 grain speer sp to mid 1100's with the lighter keith (235) and Speer hp (225) as you can see the speer expands almost to the point of sheading the nose when shot through a brisket and into water.  Recovered Hollowpoints were cast a bit hard and the nose porttion fragmented.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts