Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winchester just updated their website and are now showing the 480Ruger as a chambering in the M94. No more BB version, tho.
www.winchester-guns.com

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sure, they WOULD have to do that!!  Drat.  Unfortunately, my gun fund is tied up for the foreseeable future since I sent my Redhawk off for some custom work.  Guess I'll have to wait a while on this one...  :cool:
Mark

·
Registered
287 Posts
I want one!!! I don't know why, but I want one anyway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What kind of power does the 480 have compaired to the 44 mag,beside the fact that it is a larger diameter cartridge?

·
Registered
252 Posts
It hits a lot harder than most of the loads for the .44.  Bigger, heavier bullet with bigger meplat at the same or higher velocities than the common .44 loads.  355-370 grs at 1400 or a 410 gr at 1200 will knock over just about anything -- with authority!
Good shooting
Mark

·
Banned
556 Posts
It's designed to fit in the gap between the .475 Casull and the 44 mag.  It uses a cut down and rim trimmed 45-70 case and has an OAL of 1.65" (so it's too big for the M1894?).

Loaded up, it appears to be slightly more powerful than the (super hot) .45LC loads.

Sounds perfect for a 1894 carbine...

Charlie

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,228 Posts
Yeah, I'd like Marlin to come out with that one in an 1894.  But probably won't fit....

How about a .480 Guide Gun, without the big fat forend, and minus the barrel porting.... stainless.... got me drooling now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts