Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm helping the widow of my very good hunting Buddy divest herself of a number of firearms he owned. I'm mainly a rifle guy and most if his collection are long guns, but there are a couple S&W DA handguns i'd like some info on if you can help or advise.

One us a small, older .22 long revolver (see pics). It's got some tarnish to it's nickel (?) finish, but appears to function well.

The second is another bright finish that appears to be SS, but could also be nickel as well. It's a medium frame in .38spcl.

I could not find any model info on either HG.

Thanks in advance for any info you can pass on.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
I believe both revolvers to be nickel plated. The .38 is a model 10 heavy barrel, looks like from the late 1970s or early '80s. The .22 is a 22/32 hand ejector, probably pre WWII.

·
Premium Member
14,189 Posts
Probably a M10-6? Look inside the crane on the inner frame. If it's SS it's a M64.

I have a .22 Hand ejector in blue (old patina). Neat guns and forerunner to the 22/32 Kit gun and later Model 34.

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably a M10-6? Look inside the crane on the inner frame. If it's SS it's a M64.

I have a .22 Hand ejector in blue (old patina). Neat guns and forerunner to the 22/32 Kit gun and later Model 34.
Thanks, Jack

I don't have the guns with me now, but will check ASAP. The smaller of the two looks, upon further inspection of the enlarged picture (not my old eyes!) looks to most likely be a .32 Long and most(?) probably a M1903.

Double click on my pic for more(?) detail.

My picture with dark background, internet twin said to be a .32L M1903 with light background here:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe both revolvers to be nickel plated. The .38 is a model 10 heavy barrel, looks like from the late 1970s or early '80s. The .22 is a 22/32 hand ejector, probably pre WWII.
Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
14,189 Posts
I agree on the .32 Long (32 S&W). I was wondering why a revolver would be in .22 Long instead of .22LR.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Agree that your photo shows "32 LONG CTRG" barrel Marking when viewed Enlarged.
Nice revolvers there, guessing both are Shooters.
Chev. William

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all that stopped by with opinions & information. I returned to the location where most of the guns are yesterday to pass on the information on these two handguns, plus the two 44mags (a Super Redhawk & Taurus) and the Auto Ordnance .45. Turns out that close relatives want ALL the handguns, save for the M1903 .32L. So, i'm getting ready to price it for them for sale now.

·
Premium Member
14,189 Posts
If its any help to you. I paid a friend $50 for this 1903 'Target' .22LR. He wanted to give it to me.
It's missing the top side plate screw and the barrel is a little rough but it shoots.:)
Note the partridge front sight and adjustable rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If its any help to you. I paid a friend $50 for this 1903 'Target' .22LR. He wanted to give it to me.
It's missing the top side plate screw and the barrel is a little rough but it shoots.:)
Note the partridge front sight and adjustable rear.

Thanks.
By serial number, it appears to be a pre 1910 gun. I looked at a bunch of .32Ls online F/S yesterday in various levels of condition. It appears that the blued ones are held above the nickel ones like this one. I was pretty surprised at the apparent value and even tho I'd enjoy owning it myself, it will likely be listed F/S. All in all, it appears to be a very tight little revolver that seems to function just as it should.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts