Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am mollying some 105 gr 6mm bergers. Ihave not done it in a long time i HAVE LOST THE CLEAN SHOT FOR APPLYING THE WAX OVER THE MOLLIED BULLET. i WAS WONDERING. cAN i WASH THE MOLLYED SHOT WITH WARM WATER AND SOAP AND THEN USE THE SHOT TO APPLY MY WAX? Or am I SOL?

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,137 Posts
Chico - Please use the lower case fonts for your posts. Large size is viewed as shouting on the internet. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I was wondering why he was yelling at this Molly woman.

·
Super Moderator
13,450 Posts
Chico 47,

Welcome to the forum.

Since that shot is plain steel, I think you'll need to worry about rust if you wash it. Not a good idea, since you don't want to contaminate your bore with rust particles than can initiate rust pitting. In your shoes I would order a new bottle of shot from NECO and just skip the carnauba wax step until I got them. The bullets will be dirtier to handle without it, but they'll shoot just fine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
After you coat your bullets and seperate them from the shot roll them back and forth in a shop towl this take the excess off of them then the moly will not rub off on your hands I have never put wax on mine. You don't need steel shot lead shot is what I have always used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts