Shooters Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since this part of the forum was empty I though I should be the first to defile it. I ordered a Nighthawk Korth Mongoose in Sept and got it last week. It is a 5.25". I am not a revolver connoisseur, this is only the 5th revolver I have owned. I am a bit anal and have often frustrated by problems and blemishes that I can only spot after I get a gun home and have have examined it many times. Small problems then look large to me and drive me nuts. I bought the Korth to try to avoid that and also because the trigger is so adjustable. So far I have happily not found anything that bothers me. It looked about perfect when I got it, if not beautiful. Aesthetically it has been growing on me though. My EDC for the last two years has been a Five Seven and before that a P7M8. The Five Seven is just a tool to me. Too much plastic and not very good looking. I had much more affection for the P7 especially since it was mostly steel, but it was stolen a while back. This revolver looks like a gun I will come to love as well. I am going to order a shoulder holster for it and explore replacing or supplementing my Five Seven as a carry gun. On thing thing that takes a bit get used to is that I really have to let the trigger all the way back forward in order to assure a reset. I may fiddle with the return spring setting to see if I can make that easier not to screw up. Of not, is that the hammer spring is a coil spring in a cylinder that goes down the middle of the grip so many two piece K/L frame grips won't work with it. I have a section of mammoth tusk that I intend to make grips with once I figure out exactly what shape and size I like best. I am a little bit nostalgic for the disco era and my guns serial number is 54 so that is kind of an amusing plus. Anyway, I am not an expert but I will answer any questions I can as I become more familiar with it. So far though, I do not regret the money spent:)

Oops I didn't notice that this section was under the "trading post" section. Is this the wrong place for this post? If so is it possible for me or a moderator to move it?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts