Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm once again dating myself, but as I was sitting here this morning, I had a bit of a nostalgic feeling. I was nearing the end of threads I had not yet read and got that sorta sad feeling I used to get when I'd looked through the entire morning newspaper. Then it dawned on me: I've become quite consistent in my morning routine of sipping a cup of coffee and reading through the latest posts on ShootersForum!

Yeah, I check out the latest headlines, as well, but this place is where I get my brain warmed up in the morning. Thank you, Marshall, for footing the bill and giving us all a well-moderated place to share our thoughts and experiences on firearms and hunting. Once this deer season is over, I will absolutely be sending some business your way. I plan to learn the basics of cast bullet reloading this winter and will be using your products, exclusively.

Jason

·
Banned
604 Posts
That's ironic, Jason. When I get up in the morning the first thing I do is turn on the computer. THEN I go to the bathroom and then feed the critters and get a cup of coffee. I hit the Shooter's Forum before I read the Detroit News on-line. Being retired gives me a lot of time to come back to the Forum during the day. More often if I'm in pain and that's all my wife will let me do.

It's my feverent hope that one day soon they find a cure for my RA and my Type 2 Diabetes. Wow, would my life ever change. Then I'd be reduced to only being able to read the Forum a couple times a day. THATS the kind of "Change" I could believe in.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,246 Posts
Yep, morning rituals around here too. Get up, turn on coffee pot, feed birds, fix wifes coffee to drink on the way to work, see wife off to work and read the shooters forum. Oh, I forgot, check honeydo list.......

·
Inactive
2,046 Posts
I used to read an average of two newspapers a day for about 30 years - every day. Then, I started to move away from newspapers for news, primarily due to the Los Angeles Times, and then I vowed to never read the LA times again due to a bias I could not stand. Front page story how CCW permit laws were killing people. Then, true story, the local paper which I delivered as a paperboy about 40 years ago, printed an article entitled "Gun Kills Boy" and that ended reading that paper as well. That was one "magic" gun. I miss reading the paper but will not put up with the bias. Now it's talk radio, certain web sites for news and this great site, my favorite. No wonder newspapers are all dying - who wants to read crude bias.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
1. Let's see. Wake Up, turn off CPAP Mach. Check
2. Go to Bathroom. Check
3. Turn on Computer. Check
4. Read E-Mail. Check
5. Read Shooters Forum. Check
6. Make rounds of Park. Check
7. Go to Gatehouse and turn on and sign into USCOE computer and up-date Campground information. Check
8. Turn on my other computer and check Shooters forum again. Check
9. Read local news on computer. By-pass anything that looks biased. Check
10. Read national and international news on computer. Same rules as above. Check
11. Read RV Comunity Forum for latest info. Check
12. Back to Shooters Forum. Check
13. Close down Gatehouse at 8:00 P.M. Check
14. Take other half out to dinner to keep Peace. Check
15. Check computer for latest E-Mail and one more check of Shooters Forum. Check
16. Go to bed, it's after midnight.

On day off, accomplish items 1 through 5, then take other half shopping, get a hair cut and pay bills. [Includes lunch and dinner.]
Check for latest E-Mail, Check RV Community Forum and Shooters Forum.
Go to bed, it's after midnight again.

You know what? I think I'm in a rut!

·
Registered
13,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
M1894,

I read your post at 11:45, which is most likely for the best. If I had read it in the morning, I probably would have shot coffee out my nose!

·
Inactive account
4,165 Posts
It's two weeks of retirement for me and then back to work. Weekends at hunt camp and weekdays at the coast with the wife. No phone, no computer, some TV. Lot's of hunting, fishing, eating, unfortunately shopping, reading and communing with wife and Creator. Oh! Wife not allowed at hunt club, just wanted to make that clear. Why? Because it's hunt club. That's why! (Big talk. Fact is , she would hate it.)

We got 3 deer at the club last weekend. I have a pic of an unusual one. I will try to post in on the game pole.

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,761 Posts
Lee, you only go to the bathroom one time a day? Do you have a secret you're willing to share with me....would save me a lot of time!!

Dan

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Lee, you only go to the bathroom one time a day? Do you have a secret you're willing to share with me....would save me a lot of time!!

Dan
Sorry my post was misleading, I couldn't put in all the bathroom breaks, or I would have used three pages to post. [Many breaks between forum checks, and shopping with the other half uses quite a few as well.] Thank goodness for Flo Max, it cuts down on a lot of pit stops.

·
Inactive for over a decade
6,248 Posts
I can't believe none of you get dressed! Frightening to say the least!

I'm still young and dumb enough that I have to work a real job (started at 5 am this morning, on the clock until 11 PM tonight). When I was unemployed I used to pester this place a lot more. Tomorrow is opening day for rifle deer season, so I'm gonna go try to fill a muley doe tag I have. When I get home from work, I usually hit a half dozen websites including Facebook, the local news, weather, shootersforum, rugerforum, and ESPN.

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,761 Posts
I got up at 4:30 this morning, but it didn't have anything to do with going/starting work. And it's 11:00 now and I'm going to bed.....just woke up and came upstairs. Some space ship filled with big bugs from Mars was found in London, but they'll have to solve that problem without me, I'm off the clock.

Dan

·
Inactive for over a decade
6,248 Posts
Oh I'm not working until 11, I just get paid a mandatory minimum number of hours when I go on a callout... Since I've figured out how to work the time so I'm not working for free, I make my callout overtime hours, then take my minimum after that. I also figured out how to throw all my overtime go into my retirement account, so I don't have to give the gubmint any of it! :D Its a three win situation.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Matt, the reason for going to the bathroom first thing in the morning, is so you can take a dump, shower and get dressed. SHEESH!!!! :p

Chris, There goes your mental image.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.