Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This short carbine has the accuracy and power to get the job done. In 2009, it's actually less expensive to pay a local smith to cut down a full length rifle than to buy a factory carbine. Go figure.

Commie 7.62 X 54R ammo is just fine. I wonder why Remington, Winchester, FEDERAL, and Hornady have ignored this cartridge?

This photo was sent to me by a friend in western Nebraska. Truthfully, I've never met this happy hunter.

TR

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have some Winchester 7.62x54R ammo, its bout $25 a box, but its good stuff. Good to see someone is using a M44 like me. Best $75 I've spent. Definitely accurate and powerful. Mine has taken some BIG hog. Haven't used it on deer yet, too powerful for deer for my tastes.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The winchester ammo is manufactured by Sellier & Bellot. I been buying up the barnaul 203gr soft point 7,62x54r to hunt with i'm sure it will stop any north american game. These surplus guns are awesome but lets not tell everyone. Bill

Go to; www.wideners.com for 7,62x54r soft point ammo.

·
Registered
392 Posts

This short carbine has the accuracy and power to get the job done. In 2009, it's actually less expensive to pay a local smith to cut down a full length rifle than to buy a factory carbine. Go figure.

TR

I wish folks would stop posting about those stupid Russia guns, I'm having enough trouble keeping myself from buying one as it is... Please, have a heart!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a beautiful stock (& sling) for the M-N carbine, but can't find a barrel, receiver and bolt assembly. I'd been told of sev. on-line places (incl. one called Centerfire, I think), but when I'd check those, they were out and didn't expect any more.
Anybody got any suggestions?
Jeff

·
Registered
194 Posts
Check j&g sales, they might have one for you. Oh and BigBill, I bought the Barnaul 203gr from Sportman's Guide. 500 rounds for $100. Hard to beat that. I have gone through most of it and only had one misfire, never a misfeed or a jam. That is some good stuff. HardBall, The only cure to your ailment is to just break down and buy one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
T.R. ( Komrade Ivan ? ) I sent you a pm. I see you got the pic ( of my buck in the opening post above ) I sent you. Best regards, Al

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

Commie 7.62 X 54R ammo is just fine. I wonder why Remington, Winchester, FEDERAL, and Hornady have ignored this cartridge?

This photo was sent to me by a friend in western Nebraska. Truthfully, I've never met this happy hunter.

TR
One of my Neighbors used a Mosin-Nagant M-44 Carbine to take a Deer this past season.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,266 Posts
I too have one of those Comrade Carbines. It is built like a tank and kicks like one. Never killed anything with it but coke cans and dirt clods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts