Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This short carbine has the accuracy and power to get the job done. In 2009, it's actually less expensive to pay a local smith to cut down a full length rifle than to buy a factory carbine. Go figure.

Commie 7.62 X 54R ammo is just fine. I wonder why Remington, Winchester, FEDERAL, and Hornady have ignored this cartridge?

This photo was sent to me by a friend in western Nebraska. Truthfully, I've never met this happy hunter.

TR

· Registered
194 Posts
I have some Winchester 7.62x54R ammo, its bout $25 a box, but its good stuff. Good to see someone is using a M44 like me. Best $75 I've spent. Definitely accurate and powerful. Mine has taken some BIG hog. Haven't used it on deer yet, too powerful for deer for my tastes.

· Registered
388 Posts

This short carbine has the accuracy and power to get the job done. In 2009, it's actually less expensive to pay a local smith to cut down a full length rifle than to buy a factory carbine. Go figure.

TR

I wish folks would stop posting about those stupid Russia guns, I'm having enough trouble keeping myself from buying one as it is... Please, have a heart!

· Registered
59 Posts
I have a beautiful stock (& sling) for the M-N carbine, but can't find a barrel, receiver and bolt assembly. I'd been told of sev. on-line places (incl. one called Centerfire, I think), but when I'd check those, they were out and didn't expect any more.
Anybody got any suggestions?
Jeff

· Registered
194 Posts
Check j&g sales, they might have one for you. Oh and BigBill, I bought the Barnaul 203gr from Sportman's Guide. 500 rounds for $100. Hard to beat that. I have gone through most of it and only had one misfire, never a misfeed or a jam. That is some good stuff. HardBall, The only cure to your ailment is to just break down and buy one.

· Registered
4,078 Posts

Commie 7.62 X 54R ammo is just fine. I wonder why Remington, Winchester, FEDERAL, and Hornady have ignored this cartridge?

This photo was sent to me by a friend in western Nebraska. Truthfully, I've never met this happy hunter.

TR
One of my Neighbors used a Mosin-Nagant M-44 Carbine to take a Deer this past season.

· Piney Woods Moderator
6,255 Posts
I too have one of those Comrade Carbines. It is built like a tank and kicks like one. Never killed anything with it but coke cans and dirt clods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.