Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. Was wondering if anyone knew where I could acquire a high-capacity magazine for a Mossberg 702 Plinkster (.22)? The only mags I have been able to find for it are factory 10rd. mags. When my son is plinking around, it's kind of a pain to reload every 2 mins. Thanks for the help....Regards..

·
Registered
28 Posts
not to many aftermarket parts for the 702 i found a couple 20 & 30 round clips a bipod a sling and a scope. but the 20 round cost about $50 bucks 30 round was a drum and cost $70 but one of my gun club buddys improvised them from some of the old 10/22 mags don't know how guess im not much help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
a gun club buddy of mine some of the old ruger 10/22 magazines well you could probebly either buy more ten round. so i guess im not much help.:eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
no you can only get the 10 rounders at walmart.

sorry to get off topic, but does anyone know if 10/22 accessories, like muzzle brakes will work on a mossberg intl. 702????

·
Registered
28 Posts
most don't but some modifyed clips work but not muzzle breaks don't but you can also bye an bmf activator that makes it almost like a machine gun

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ummmmm . . . . . . . . . . Why ?

Why would you want a muzzle brake on a .22? Is there some sort of benefit to having something that will dampen recoil on a rimfire?

I may just be too old and out of the loop on that one . . . . . . .

·
Registered
612 Posts
Those muzzle brakes are made to fit the front sight and muzzle end of a Ruger 10/22 sporter taper barrel, and I don't know if the Mossberg is the same...

·
Registered
28 Posts
i aggree with stealthchaser13 they probly will work but might not as low as the price is i'd buy it and if it don't work take it to a gunsmith and ask him if he can't do anything pawn it

·
Registered
2 Posts
ati gunstocks question

Stealthchaser13, did you ever find out if that ATI gunstock you had the link for will fit the Plinkster? It looks kind of cool.

thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stealthchaser13, did you ever find out if that ATI gunstock you had the link for will fit the Plinkster? It looks kind of cool.

thanks,
Mike
I picked up one of these stocks for my 702. In order for it to fit, it required quite a bit of cutting and dremeling. It is doable, but it certainly is not a drop-in installation.

·
Registered
16 Posts

thanks,
Mike
actually, I did buy one. I did get it to work, but it took some modifications...just an hour or two with a dremel...

edit: lol...I didn't realize how old this thread was

1 - 20 of 22 Posts