Shooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Mossberg

O F Mossberg & Sons, Inc.. , an industry leader in pump-action security and sporting shotgun manufacturing, has introduced the new 590DA - the first "Double Action" 12 Ga. pump shotgun ever offered to the law enforcement and civilian communities. The new 590DA is based on the proven Mossberg 590© pump action design, renowned as the only pump shotgun in the world to pass the notorious mil-spec 3000 round torture test.

The 590DA fires with a long, deliberate stroke of the trigger for each shot. This new, innovative design provides a faster, easier transition from service sidearm to shotgun, as it requires no substantial change to the widely accepted DAO firing procedures of today's most advanced service revolvers and DAO pistols.

The 590DA fires with a long, deliberate stroke of the trigger for each shot.    

Like other Mossberg 590 shotguns, this new model retains all of the proven Mossberg features long popular with law enforcement and military professionals around the world. Features such as: dual action bars, corrosion resistant parkerized finish, straight-thru magazine tube cleaning, rugged synthetic stock and forend, and an ambidextrous thumb safety. In addition, the 590DA was designed to meet or exceed stringent government milspec and NIJ requirements.

The new Mossberg 590DA is available with a bead front sight or Mossberg Ghost Ring sights in 18.5 or 20 inch barrel lengths. A 14 inch Ghost Ring model is also available subject to BATF Class 3 regulations. The new Mossberg 590DA, as well as the complete line of security and personal defense shotguns is available through all major commercial and law enforcement dealers and distributors nationwide.

For more information on the 590DA, or Mossberg's complete line of commercial, personal defense, law enforcement and military shotguns, rifles, and accessories, contact: O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., 7 Grasso Ave., North Haven, CT 06473, Phone: 203-230-5300, Fax: 203-230-5420

·
Beartooth Regular
1,116 Posts
I didn't realize there was a problem with cops shooting themselves with their shotguns.

:confused:

This weapon is indicative of two things. First, there are waaay too many lawyers. Second, if there is even the slightest perception a cop needs such a shotgun they should be thrown off the job at once. They are a threat to themselves, their fellows, and the public at large.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,

Of course you know that the trigger is also the length of a gear shift lever and you are really supposed to pull it back with the left hand until it hits you in the stomach.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Contender said:
Bill,

Of course you know that the trigger is also the length of a gear shift lever and you are really supposed to pull it back with the left hand until it hits you in the stomach.

:biggrin:
Yup.......pretty much what I was thinking if this gun is essentially a pump, how much trigger travel would it take to chamber another round?

·
Registered
163 Posts
In my experience, Mossburg shotguns are a disaster waiting to happen, what with that abomination of a safety they install. I can only consider them to be a manifestly unsafe weapon, and wouldn't even own another if it were a gift.
And their customer service is just a little slower than trying to get a response from the government of the Confederate States of America.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Thoughts

Several profound thoughts on this pressing matter of double action shotgun triggers:

1. Solution in search of a problem.

2. When espousing an opinion there is no need to take the name of the Confederate States of America in vain.

3 We just had another funeral for a Confederate veteran this past Saturday, July 28, 2007 in Mobile, Alabama.

4. Mossberg slide action shotguns with single action triggers, have a very good reputation in the sandbox, (Iraq). (Notice that "Mossberg" is spelled correctly here).

5. DAO shotgun trigger does not chamber another round.

6. Discontinued by manufacturer. See number one.

7. I rest.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mossberg pumps (and Stevens) do have the right "racking-sound" when heard by would-be intruders!!

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I grew up shooting a Mossberg 20 gauge 500. Possibly the finest pump gun I've ever laid my hands on. Every single person that I have ever taught to shoot, has done very well with that gun.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,265 Posts
In 22 years of law enforcement, I saw numerous accidental discharges with all makes of shotguns. Fortunately due to "muzzle control" the only thing I ever saw injured was several patrol cars, a couple of bar lights and a filing cabinet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In 22 years of law enforcement, I saw numerous accidental discharges with all makes of shotguns. Fortunately due to "muzzle control" the only thing I ever saw injured was several patrol cars, a couple of bar lights and a filing cabinet.
Wow. I bet that was exciting. :eek:

By the way, this is a serious zombie thread. First post is almost a decade old... ;)

·
Registered
4,923 Posts

Not half as exciting as the same shift commander having 3 AD's in the booking area in a 2 year period. (All three went through the roof.) I offered to build a clearing barrel just outside the entry door, and the chief took me up on the offer. My shift commander also got a new nick name, "BOOM BOOM" courtesy of yours truely.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,237 Posts

By the way, this is a serious zombie thread. First post is almost a decade old... ;)
It bubbled to the top due to some idiot spammers. You guys don't see the deleted posts of course.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts