Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy,

I am new here and I need a little help: I was recently given this old 1934 Mossberg Model 34 .22 cal. single-shot bolt-action rifle. Looks to be all original and fairly good condition. Seems to shoot fairly consistent as well, though I have not sighted it in yet.
After taking the bolt apart to clean out that old "gummy" grease, I found the firing pin has cracks.
So now I am in search of a new (used) firing pin and/or striker assembly and/or a complete bolt assembly. I have learned that the bolt is interchangeable with the Mossberg 30, which is also the Wards Western Field models 35A & 37.
It still fires rounds, but I want to be prepared for the inevitable. I'm not sure if I want to refinish the rifle... I kinda like the rustic and well used look of it.
Any help with a striker/ firing pin/ bolt would be greatly appreciated.

Jesse

·
Registered
11,925 Posts
Welcome to the site. Since you are new here you probably didn't know you shouldn't post the same thing in several threads. With all those photos it ties up a lot of band width, which at times is in short supply around here.

Have you tried looking for used part dealers online?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy,
Sorry about the double posts.
I have tried Havlin, Numrich, and Hoosiers.... no luck. So I am still searching.

Jesse

·
Registered
11,925 Posts
Howdy,
Sorry about the double posts.
I have tried Havlin, Numrich, and Hoosiers.... no luck. So I am still searching.

Jesse
Might try Jack First Gun Shop in Rapid City SD. Their number is 605-343-8481. They have come through several times with things I thought was unobtainable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts