Shooters Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Would have to be a Howa 1500 in 300 Win Mag.  Had a buddy that had one just like it but did not shoot his much at all.  When I ran out of things to try to make mine shoot, we took my buddy's out and found them to perform almost identically.  About 2.5 inches at 100 yds was the best we could do.  Factory Winchester Fail Safes would not stay on a paper plate at that range.  Mine was sent down the road but my buddy still has his, he just says that it is "good enough".

Here's Mine: A Browning .22 auto, 'take down' One of the made in Belgium series. 4" to 6" groups at 50 yards........After checking the sights, cleaning it to death, and tinkering with the take down feature adjustments, I took it to my local gunsmith and we checked the crown, and barrel for straightness. It was straight as a string. Crown looked ok, but he redid it anyway.......Still no shootee!! As a last resort, I decided to have the bore lapped. I sent it to Cliff LaBouny, and Cliff called me and said here is what you have.......A bent bore! .......So much for that rifle............"Ridge"

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.