Shooters Forum banner

Mouse gun calibers

6K views 37 replies 30 participants last post by  Kosh75287 
#1 ·
Hey, I'm looking to start collecting mouse guns more for fun. But I'd like it to be somewhat okay when it's in my pocket too. I've got my eye on the colt mustang, beretta bobcat and tomcat. Even though the slides crack. I'm not really a fan of 380 either from my old lcp2 but I'm sure it's good in the right gun. Maybe I didn't shoot it enough, but I was just wondering if they made Any "mouse guns" in 5.7x28? Or other options then 22, 25, 32, and 380. I was thinking a 5.7 would be slick. But maybe ig would lack power or something. What do you guys like and dislike? What to stay away from? what's fun? Thanks!!

#28 ·
I commented a few times already in this thread. I never got around to mouse gun pictures. Here are a few: a Bernardelli VP .25 ACP, a S&W 317 Airlite .22lr, a Baby Bulldog in .32 short Colt. Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory Bumper

Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Wood
Bicycle part Wood Auto part Hardwood Automotive tire

Reactions: Kaos
#30 ·
Well, if'n ya run outta bullets, ya got a fair to middling back scratcher there?

#31 ·
I think a mouse gun collection is a capital idea!!!
There are a jillion .25's and .32's that were made in Europe, many were very good quality pistols.

I have but one .32 anymore, an Astra 3000 with a .380 conversion unit. I recently sold my Colt 1903 which was very hard to part with, but it was for a good cause.

#33 ·
I think a mouse gun collection is a capital idea!!!
There are a jillion .25's and .32's that were made in Europe, many were very good quality pistols.

I have but one .32 anymore, an Astra 3000 with a .380 conversion unit. I recently sold my Colt 1903 which was very hard to part with, but it was for a good cause.
My collection of mouse guns Colt pre war 1908 25 acp just can't get used to the grip safety. Beretta 950 25 acp, Beretta
minx 22 short with a Beretta 21a barrel chambered in .22 LR for the first shot then reverts back to .22 short Beretta 21A 22lr real problem child very finicky FTE many times and last but not least FIE first generation all steel. good accurate
nothing as dependable as the 950 .25 ACP never fails to fire or eject not bad for a pistol that has no extractor. a CZ 45 would be nice but difficult to find or CZ 92 still made.
I cast and reload .25 acp as well.

#34 ·
About my favorite handgun is my mod 16 S&W in 32 long. I only shoot cast bullets in most my handguns. I also have a mod 1917 Savage in 32 ACP and if it didn't have to look for fired cases I'd love it. Perfect to carry catfishing to despense cats with. Shoot 85gr cast bullet's in it with light loads. Shot at a down tree with it one time and the bullet's bounced back and hit me! Shocking! Hold it to the head of a decent size cat and bet it would work. Wish I had a 32 ACP in a revolver. revolver are my first choice as easy to find the brass! 32 ACP brass is a bit hard to find around here!

When I was stationed in Germany 1967 to 1970, I had a little Beretts 22 auto that would be perfect. barrel flipped up to load a single round. Had a small magazine and was ver small and light. No idea why I ever had it, can't think of anything it would be good for other than putting down nice catfish. Right no I'll carry my S&W 22 combat masterpiece with a 6" barrel. Really nice gun but with the 6" barrel it's a bit unhandy!

#38 ·
If you plan to shoot any of them much (except .22 LR), I suggest that you invest in dies and components, at least for .32 & .380 ACP. I'd suggest .25 ACP dies as well, but reloading the diminutive cartridge is a colossal exercise in frustration. If you want to build extraordinary patience, it's just the thing.

Reactions: gbro
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.