Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my Pistola/blackpowder range but want to add a moving target. I couldn't talk my brother into running with a target over his head, he said I wasn't that good of a shot yet. So has anyone got any Ideas on how to get one built ?
Bob

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
How about a remote control vehicle, then your kids can have a little fun too.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Bigfoot said:
A little off subject but my kids fight over who is going to use the metal detector to find the 45 ACP brass.
If you can get the brass to the right spot, you can have those moving targets! I wouldn't suggest hitting them though.

OK, that was bad! Sorry! I really don't beat my children!!!! - seriously, you could use one or two garage door openers for the longer distance BP moving target, but I don't know about the closer, faster moving target.

·
Registered
37 Posts
pooter

if you are looking for left to right set to poles it ground an put pullys on them one hier then the other run small cable thow it then hang a target frame with led on the batom of it an it will travle down hill if you shot by your self like me addone more pullyan small string to pull it back .

·
Banned
126 Posts
The local range here built a mover for NRA Action Pistol. It has two supported posts on each end, but is built for two sets of targets. One on each end would do. Pulleys are set on both ends, and a dual direction 1 HP electric motor set on the other, with a wheel set for size, on the other. A line of Poly rope is tied to a carrier, which rides on the top line and is driven by the bottom line. The line goes from the carrier to the pulley; around the pulley and across the opening, becoming the top line; the around the motor wheel twice and to the carrier. A bi-directional switch directs the motor from a remote site behind the line of fire.

The carrier has two pulleys on the top and eyebolts lower down on which to connect the line. Below that are two hooks on which to hang the lathes to which the targets are stapled.

The size of the wheel determines how fast the target travels. This is designed to travel the 60 foot opening in 6 seconds. It has been in use for more than 15 years, and needs annual maintenance and replacement of lines every couple of years.

The supports for the posts need to be VERY strong and push from the INSIDE. Hope this helps.

dclark

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for some good Ideas. To keep it simple I'm going to let gravity pull the target which will be hanging from two barn door pulleys welded together with a metal bar with two hooks to either hang a metal plate or a milk jug filled with red food coloring. I will have a clip systen on a long cord to get the target moving. It will only be 25 yards away so pulling it back will be no big thing.

·
Banned
104 Posts
Moving Target?

Try something really fun,,try walking while firing at a stationary target! This calls for finesse and perfecting the art of "the reverse lead". :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts