Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening to all. I used to come on here a lot and always found Musgraveman very informative and entertaining to read. I see he hasn’t posted in a long while. Does anyone know why? Is he doing OK?

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Caught by the dreaded "old, but hidden" syndrome

New format sucks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So why is viewership drastically down from two years ago?I used to come on here and this site was abuzz with lots of different interactions. It now seems slow to dead.

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Look up.

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,503 Posts
He's fine, busy being what he is, a hunter. Like a few others they couldn't dab a loop on the new format. Took me a while to get the old riata to cast a straight hoolahan as well.

RJ

Why yes, yes, I have thrown a quite a few hoolahans. Dang 'ornery broncs anyway.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,378 Posts
Caught by the dreaded "old, but hidden" syndrome

New format sucks
Andries choice to leave and do something else was very public, and not a secret. That happened years before the software change. After some time away, and no doubt some experiences learned in that endeavor; he returned for a time. But choose to not return once again the last time, well before the software change.

So why is viewership drastically down from two years ago?I used to come on here and this site was abuzz with lots of different interactions. It now seems slow to dead.

Viewership is not drastically down, it's up quite a stunning amount.

You want to know why perceived activity is down, well, you are a pretty good example of most members.

You've been a member for about a decade, but have posted very little in that time. The overwhelming majority of members fall into that same category. Roughly, for every person who has regularly posted a new gun review, pressure data, how-to's, etc. There are well over a thousand who will contribute very little if anything at all.
Don't take that as any sort of criticism for not posting, simply an observation of the facts.
We all have personal lives, and put available time on the forum will wane and wax as time goes on.

Cheers

Reactions: Boonerman

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Andries choice to leave and do something else was very public, and not a secret. That happened years before the software change. After some time away, and no doubt some experiences learned in that endeavor; he returned for a time. But choose to not return once again the last time, well before the software change.

Viewership is not drastically down, it's up quite a stunning amount.

You want to know why perceived activity is down, well, you are a pretty good example of most members.

You've been a member for about a decade, but have posted very little in that time. The overwhelming majority of members fall into that same category. Roughly, for every person who has regularly posted a new gun review, pressure data, how-to's, etc. There are well over a thousand who will contribute very little if anything at all.
Don't take that as any sort of criticism for not posting, simply an observation of the facts.
We all have personal lives, and put available time on the forum will wane and wax as time goes on.

Cheers
None taken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts