Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All

I have a harrington and richardson 12g huntsman muzzle loader . and am trying cast slug in it .
slugs are these .....
Svarog 12 gauge bullet mold (mould) Match Sabot Diabolo .685(17.4mm) slug New | eBay
as these are made to fit inside a plastic wad i am putting a 90 grain fffg blackpowder charge then a soft fibre wad then a plasic wad with a 29gram sabot slug in , anyone got any comments on this recipe ? i also have 32gram slugs but not sure of barrel pressures with these ?
any suggestions as to muzzle energy with this load ?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
11,966 Posts
Welcome to the shooters forum.

I reload 12ga but haven't done slugs. Have you referenced Lymans shotgun reloading manual?

·
Super Moderator
3,824 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Glad to see you here and hope you post often. I agree with MontyF and would look at the Lyman manual. You could also do a web search or contact the manufacturer about any recommendations about using the slug. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi MontyF and Gill Martin

I will check lyman but it seems a little offbeat for that .

for info i shoot the 12g muzzle loader a .45 flintlock pistol 'charles moore' by pedersoli . practical shotgun with a beretta 1301 , clays with a browning and full bore target with a mosin carbine (though not too far away with that ! )
Hope to be on the forum often .
thanks again

mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts