Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, good afternoon I am new to this a form and would appreciate any help I can get on this new project i am getting into.
As I understand, being a muzzleloader, I am not under the same restrictions and laws as a rifle or other guns? I believe that I can carry and have this muzzleloader without FID card and other restrictions.
I received this gun has a raffle at the Topsfield fair, and I'm interested in finding out the manufacture as well as the quality of this firearm. I have been unable to locate any specific name on the gun anywhere except for a symbol left-hand side near the breach of the barrel.
I found a indicator that is made in Italy on the trigger guard, and it's a 54 caliber.
Thanks advance
Charlie

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Posting a picture of the gun would help in the identification it. Strange that it has no markings. It might have been custom made.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next step, is to figure out how to post pictures I guess.. I have hey picture of the side of the barrel where the sero-number is and the symbol. Maybe I can publish that. Still trying to figure out this form and its symbols.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Get yourself a photobucket account, up load it there, and post a link here.

I shoot Flints, caplocks, and inlines. Im sure that we can figure it out with our collective knowledge on this board.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In the mean time, is it a flint, caplock, inline? Check out Lyman, they make the Great Plains Rifle. Its a well made traditional ML.

My .54's has taken many deer, and have done well in quite a few woods walks, both flint and cap.

·
Registered
19 Posts
be careful

Topsfield, MA? if so be careful. Check with NRA ILA to get current regulations and still be careful.

·
Registered
619 Posts
A 54 cal muzzle loader with heavy lead bullets is still a powerful hunting rife. The slow but heavy bullets work well on all North American game. I prefer to use full bore cast or swaged bullets but lighter sabo bullets work OK on deer and smaller game.You are not under gunned if taking Moose with a 450 Gr bullet in a 54 cal muzzle loader.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts