Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the approx. cost of converting my Renegade T/C from flint to cap lock?  And where could I expect to get the best price on the parts?  

Thank you

Pastor Murray B. Stevens
Psalms 121

·
Beartooth Regular
7,776 Posts
Hi, Pastor:
   If you really want to convert it to them thar new-flanged caps, instead of learning to sharpen yore flints proper-like, I reckon Thompson-Center be yore best bet.

The frizzen on my second hand T/C Hawken was wore through the case hardening when I bought it, and wouldn't spark. I ordered a new one, it wouldn't fit, so they sent me a whole new lock for the price of a frizzen!

If you're just frustrated with it, check out the thread on flinter fun below. It takes a while to learn flint on your own.

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
If you really want to get that soft metal sparking....order a can of "Casenit" and some heat stop paste from Brownells. Apply heat stop paste to everthing except the face....bring up to a dull red with a propane torch and shove it down in the Casenit...move it around to coat good and air cool.
Best Regards, James

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Another thought...It's going to take more that just a lock to convert. It will need a new breechplug with flash hole or a new barrel. Something to think about!
Best Regards, James

·
Beartooth Regular
7,776 Posts
Hi, Guys:
  Someone may have a drum and nipple setup. The 1/4" threads for the flash hole liner should hold a drum. Changing hammers might be enough, but you'll probably have to cut the flashpan off too. I won't want to do that if there was a possibility of a flint only season.

Bye
Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts