Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There sure are some nice deer shot in this section. I can only wish to shoot something like them where I live. In my area there is very little land left for me to hunt and alot of hunting pressure on the neighboring lots. After a disappointing bow season I did manage to get some meat for the freezer and not get frozen myself.:D

My 135 pound dressed doe shot with my 260 remington Thanksgiving Morning at 30 yds.

My second doe [125 dressed] shot with my Remington 750 carbine in 308 at 150 yds.

And finally, my very first muzzleloader buck. He had already lost his left beam and the right beam was broken off just above his head. I thought is was another doe when I shot him. He's all worn out and beat up from chasing the girls. I could feel all his ribs and the spine with no trouble at all. But in very cold and noisy conditions, I still-hunted within 60 yds of him before the XTP ruined his day.

·
Registered
930 Posts
EXCELLENT!

I wish the does were that big in Tennessee. I shot four does and the largest one barely dressed at 90 pounds.

This 10 point bow kill was only 130 pounds dressed. (Don't believe the camera angle!)

·
Registered
585 Posts
That first doe is a pretty good sized one even by WI standards. Way to go bandit.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. She was a cow by any standard. LOL. I've only shot 2 bucks that dressed out more than her. LOL. I told the guys that horns are nice, but I'd rather shoot the 3-5 yr old doe than the 1.5 yr old 4 point.

Jake, I'd gladly swap some weight for a set of horns like that buck was carrying.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
My 2009 10-Point Buck

I harvested this nice 10-pointer which had a live weight of 245 pounds. Deer Hunting was a bit tougher this season as the Deer were ALL deep in the woods & Brush areas. Got him @ 60 yards with my .308 on November 18th.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,917 Posts
All nice deer, guys.

Congrats to all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts