Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each Year I try to think of a New Christmas message that reflects the Spirit of Christmas and the current situation of our times. In the movie, “The Bishops Wife” starring Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven, Cary Grant, via his Angelic powers, has the typewriter write the Bishops (Davis Niven ) midnight sermon at Christmas. It’s a powerful message which brings to heart the real reasons for Christmas. The message always brings a humble tear to this man’s eye knowing that somewhere there is an empty stocking. Here is that Christmas Morning Sermon shown at the end of the movie.

“The Empty Stocking”
"I’d like to tell you the story about the empty stocking.
Once upon a midnight clear there was a child’s cry, and a blazing star hung over a stable, and wise men came with birthday gifts. We haven’t forgotten that night throughout the centuries; we celebrate it with the sound of bells, and with stars on Christmas trees, and with gifts; but especially with gifts. You give me a tie, I give you a book; Uncle Henry could use a new pipe, and Aunt Martha always wanted an orange squeezer. O´ we forget no one, and all the stocking are filled; all that is except one: and we have even forgotten to hang it up; the stocking for the child born in the manger. It’s His birthday we're celebrating; let us never forget this, but let us ask ourselves what He would wish for most; and then, let each of us put in our share: Warm hearts, loving kindness, and a stretched out hand of tolerance; all the shining gifts that make for peace on earth."

While our economy hangs in a delicate balance, and our sons, daughters, mothers and fathers defend our nation from tyranny, lest we forget those who keep us free and have gone before us; and yes, even the One who died for our sins as well, this Christmas, Please make sure you fill “The Stocking”.

God Bless each and every one of you, Merry Christmas. KS

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,720 Posts
I'll move this to the Cross-wire forum for you, seems like a good fit there.

·
Banned
507 Posts
Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too! and to Y'all!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts