Shooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my cartridge collection from the 17HMR2 to the 50BMG.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,683 Posts
What's the one to the right of the .50?

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,683 Posts
Well, you fooled me, I was trying to figure out what the heck it was!

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice collection! US commercial?

You should'a told Mike that was a .60 Carner!
I have a few foreign country military cartridges, Russian 7.62x54r and 7.62x39. Yugo 8mm Mauser and Japanese 7.7 Jap. I also have US military 30-06 AP from a M1 Garand clip, 5.56x45 NATO, 50 BMG and a 45AR from USCCO. The rest are US commercial.

·
Banned
490 Posts
I've been collecting cartridges since I was a kid...I'm 62 now. I gave up on it lately because there has been such a blizzard of new cartridges on the scene, and unlike the old mom and pop gun stores of the past, nobody will split a box any more to sell a single catridge for a collection. But it was fun while it lasted. Here is most of what I have:

I'm thinking of selling the collection...any idea what it's worth?

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't know what it is worth but i do have to say that is one nice collection!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
My collection is small but I think it's a decent start.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I love the way y'all have figured out a way to tastefully display you cartridges. My collection now is up to about 230 items and I haven't yet been able to display them well. Normally, I have them set up on a book shelf in my office (aka reloading room), but I continually bump the shelf and half of them fall down. I would like to have them laying down rather than standing up so the heads will show and I also don't want them permanently mounted because I like to handle them and often change the order because of new acquisitions. I would love some kind of glass case with shelves that is not too feminine looking. Haven't found anything suitable yet.

Some of mine are complete cartridges, but most are just empty brass. I have everything from .22 CB cap to 120mm cannon shells. The bigger stuff I am not worried about. It either serves as door stops or individual decorations somewhere else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts