Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just a note to say I've been an occasional reader of this forum but this is my first posting.

Today is a great day: I just bought a Winchester Model 94, chambered in .375 Winchester. This will be the second one I've owned. I bought the first one way back about 1978 or so, when they were brand-new. I traded it about 10 years ago for a new radiator for my car.

So I'm looking forward to plinking around again with this caliber, and maybe even get in some hog hunting time also.

Cheers,

Carl

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hello and welcome! You will have fun with your rifle, and I am sure you will also enjoy the forum too.

·
Registered
471 Posts
There are some real 375 Win loonies on this board. Hope you're geared up to talk about your's. Mine's a Marlin. Pretty it's not but fun to shoot... I hope to own a Win 94 chambered for it someday. And Chief Rid is right...it will be a real thumper...especially if you roll your own.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,021 Posts
Does my T/C Contender carbine in .375 Win qualify?

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,021 Posts
A Hornady 235 gr SSP bullet and 39.7 gr H335 with CCI BR2 primers. This is with a Bullberry 21" bbl and a Burris 1.75x6 Signature Posi-lock scope. Will normally group just under 1.25", 5 shots at 100 yds. If I ever get drawn again for elk, plan on taking it and my Marlin 1895LTD1 in 45-70. Last few elk that have been taken were at ranges exceeding 275 yds, so may have to rely on the 7mm Dakota if hunting the same area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts