Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 sons who live in Green River, Wyoming. Every time I go over we take a few hours out to go to the City Park and do a little shooting. This time I took my TC Contender in 30-30 and an old Marlin 336 in 30-30.

The City Council of Green River, in its wisdom has created a geat little 500 yard shooting range complete with a covered fireing line and shooting benches. There is a sign that askes the users to be safe and please don't litter. There is sufficient garbage disposal for shot up boxes etc.

I have lilved my whole life in the west where guns are in evidence everywhere and everyone has one, but I have never seen a city with the guts to sponser a shooting range within the city limits. My hat goes off to Green River, Wyoming.

Sixgun

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
You are really fortunate, and kudos to Green River. The only half-way decent range within an hour of where I live (just south of Indianapolis) is looking for a new person to run the concession because the last guys were so incredibly strict, nobody would go there anymore. They only have a 100 yard range, anyway, but they were charging $8/hr and would only allow you to bring in 3 guns at any one time. If you wanted to go from rimfire to handgun or center-fire, you had to pay again! Absurd.

Thankfully I have targets set at 50 feet, 100 feet, 50 yards, 100 yards and 125 yards (darn hill is too close!) right behind my house. I shoot from the back deck.

·
Banned
107 Posts
I have 3 sons who live in Green River, Wyoming. Every time I go over we take a few hours out to go to the City Park and do a little shooting. This time I took my TC Contender in 30-30 and an old Marlin 336 in 30-30.

The City Council of Green River, in its wisdom has created a geat little 500 yard shooting range complete with a covered fireing line and shooting benches. There is a sign that askes the users to be safe and please don't litter. There is sufficient garbage disposal for shot up boxes etc.

I have lilved my whole life in the west where guns are in evidence everywhere and everyone has one, but I have never seen a city with the guts to sponser a shooting range within the city limits. My hat goes off to Green River, Wyoming.

Sixgun
I'll second the Hats Off to 'Green River. That is just wonderful.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Salt Lake City, Lee Kay Range

This range has a 25 lane hunters safety teaching area, a 25 lane range for anything out to 75 yards. It has a 100, 200, 300 yard rifle range, very big. It has 5 trap ,and 5 skeet ranges, and sporting clays. It also has a clubhouse, bathrooms concealed carry classes, food and coffee. All 5 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City.:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wyoming has some great gun clubs and ranges.

Next time you're in GR, take a drive north to Lander, and check out their range. They have pistol, shotgun, and rifle plus an indoor range for smallbore. They have shoots dern near every weekend.

But its the rifle range that suits my fancy. They have gongs out to 1400 yards, a full NM Range plus 1000 yards.

When you joing the club, you get a key to the range and you'll often find out during the week you have the range all to your self.

I'm on the other end of the state so I plan my trips based on two day shoot, ie High Power one day and F Class or 1000 yard match the next day.

I take my camper up on Thursday night, Friday moring and play with the gongs on Friday, shoot the matches on the weekends.

If you dont mind driving a bit further north you have the Ranges at Worland and Cody.

All three, a shooter's paridise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.