Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a S&W 617 no dash with 6 inch barrel and combat grips. The thing is a joy to shoot and very accurate. :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
Pretty! Gorgeous grips too. Did it come with them?

Far as I'm concerned, there ain't nothing on the planet sweeter than an S&W action, right outta the box.

Picked up a well-used 17-3 a while back, and that thing is just as smooth as a baby's behind.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
Nice gun!

Own a model 17-2 myself, trigger smooth as glass. Used to have an model 18 too, but like a fool, sold it.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty! Gorgeous grips too. Did it come with them?

Far as I'm concerned, there ain't nothing on the planet sweeter than an S&W action, right outta the box.

Picked up a well-used 17-3 a while back, and that thing is just as smooth as a baby's behind.
They were original on the 617 no dash revolvers

·
Registered
128 Posts
:)

Nice handgun!!!!!! Good luck with it.;)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I actually agreed to buy the grips before the revolver and then he shot me the price for the package and I bought it just the way it sits and the grips were original on the early no dash 617's.

This style of K frame grips are very popular and sell regularly for $100 to $150 and at gun shows I've seen dealers asking $250 to $350 for these grips with nice grain. I saw a man at the spring Tulsa show buy a model 66 and then pay an extra $150 for the dealer to sell him a set of these grips for the gun. The dealer said to the man - I'm giving you a super deal on these because you bought a gun from me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts