Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this Springfield 1911A1 "Loaded" on Monday and actually shot it some. It's not my first semiauto handgun (the othere being a Ruger MKII and a Glock 22 40 S&W) but for right now I like this one best :D.

I've shot both Kimbers and Colts, but I like this one better, because it's mine.

RJ

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
RJ,
It sure is purty!
Good shooting,
Greg

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Very nice RJ! The 1911 really feels good in my hand. I have one very similar in the Springfield, but with half wood, half rubber Pachmayer grips. Great fun to shoot!

·
Banned
507 Posts
1911s can be addictive, nice pistol, enjoy

Jerry

·
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It will be a hoot for sure.

I showed the little Mrs. it's finer points tonight before supper. You know, how to load it and work the safety? She's shot a 1911 and the GP161 before and did surprisingly well. Hopefully she'll "get the bug" again.

As for only needing four grains of powder
I think I can deal with it :eek:

RJ

·
Registered
908 Posts
sniffle I wan't one! :) I had a kimber ultra tactical II but I was recently divorced and she took it along with one of my colts and my Glock 26. Not a big deal they where realy her guns but I payed for all of em. I want to get a good 1911 I dont have one. Let us know how it goes over the next couple of range trips.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
It will be a hoot for sure.

I showed the little Mrs. it's finer points tonight before supper. . . She's shot a 1911 and the GP161 before and did surprisingly well. Hopefully she'll "get the bug" again.
If she "gets the bug" again, you just might lose that new 1911 and have to get another one. . .:D

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Nice! 1911s are sweet... I had a SA GI double stack and I have two Para Ordnances, one in .40 S&W and one in .45 ACP.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I just picked up this Springfield 1911A1 "Loaded" on Monday and actually shot it some. It's not my first semiauto handgun (the othere being a Ruger MKII and a Glock 22 40 S&W) but for right now I like this one best :D.

I've shot both Kimbers and Colts, but I like this one better, because it's mine.

RJ

I have a Springfield identcleo yrs nd it always feeds andfunctions no matter the ammo feed into it. Very good guns

·
Registered
410 Posts
Rob Latham would be proud. 1911's are like the Harley's of handguns. Lottsa cool aftermarket parts and procedures you can add to make it a one of a kind and personalized. And it's fun to do!

·
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just finished my holster this afternoon.

It works "cocked and locked" or hammer down. Now I'm building a double magazine carrier.

RJ

·
Banned
507 Posts
Good looking leather! You should make a matching flash light holder and cell phone pouch.

Jerry

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
I had the very same gun, minus the grips!
It was super accurate, but like a fool I sold it to finance the Springfield Champion lightweight [commander], which shoots as well.!!!

Congrats and have fun with it!

·
Banned
101 Posts
Nice piece, although I never had much love for the Wilson ambi. Browns cut down are my favorite. Highgrip and checker that thing 20lpi for mo better gripshon....

·
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's the finished product, stretched, then oiled with Neetsfoot oil.

The holster and magazine holder are made to fit either a 1 1/2" belt or my wider "fitsall" 2 1/2" gun belt.

RJ

1 - 20 of 28 Posts