Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like your Browning X-Bolt 25-06 ? Accurate? Favorite factory deer ammo? Hand Load? Favorite load?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been shooting a Sako in 25/06 for well over 30 years. I have found that it is accurate with handloads and factory ammo. For the most part I hunt with 85gr and 100gr Nosler Ballistic Tips and with a good scope dialed in right you should be able to print 1/4" group at 100 yards easily. If you hand load take your time to work up your loads and yo will never want to shoot anything else for medium size game.

·
Registered
359 Posts
When it comes to bolt guns, I have been a 30-06 guy for decades. With 1/4 bores nagging me for a couple of those decades. I have always felt the 25-06 was going to be my next bolt gun caliber, but, I never had a specific need, so I settled on 130 grain reloads in my ought6.

For the 100 grain range of bullets, I have researched for years and feel 25-06 would be VERY hard to beat, by any other caliber, in that range.

Browning,... Sako,... in 25-06,.... I am jealous, do get back with a range report, please!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts