Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my new Spike's Tactical build. I bought the lower last year and got everything I needed to have it ready when I finally decided what upper to get. I finally decided to get the Spike's complete upper and I am more than satisfied. I really like the simplicity of the Daniel Defense A1.5 buis. Also shown are Magpul's moe handguards, MS2 sling, ASAP and stock, ergo grip, and a surefire flashlight. I've got it sighted in and it ran like a champ. :D

Shown pictured with my new Generation 4 Glock 17

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Nice build and have fun with the Black Rifle Disease.

CD

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

CD
i have contracted a severe case of BRD. The latest one has only been complete for 2 weeks and I'm already contemplating the next build. Maybe a pistol, 9mm carbine, possibly 9mm sbr? My wife, bless her heart, is trying to stage an intervention, but I'm too far gone.:D She says you need a bigger safe because the one I have is full. I guess I could have worse problems.:)

PS
Are you and your son still in the sandbox? If so, thank you both for your service, be safe and hurry home!!!

Tommy

·
Registered
546 Posts
Nice looking rifle. BRD can be a serious problem, to your wife at least. I built a 6.8 SPC, then decided to build a 9mm, while still collecting parts for the 9mm I ended up buying a 450 Bushmaster upper when they were on sale. It shoots great, but it has delayed by 9mm project for awhile. Oh well, it shoots great.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Tommy,

I'm still in Astan and my son celerbrated his 26th birthday in Iraq yesterday. He goes home in less than two weeks (he'll be home for about 4 mos before deploying for his 4th time).

CD

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tommy,

I'm still in Astan and my son celerbrated his 26th birthday in Iraq yesterday. He goes home in less than two weeks (he'll be home for about 4 mos before deploying for his 4th time).

CD

I think I speak for the majority, if not all, of the people on this forum when I say, we support you and everyone else that has served and is currently serving. My heart goes out to you all and your families. When you get back home and are ever in the greensboro/winston area, hit me up and I'll buy you a steak. I'm trying to instill in my 2 kids, ages 5 & 7, the reason that we have the freedom that we have is because of brave men like yourself and your son. Thank you again. God Bless.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Tommy and everyone else with their Thanks,

We really appreicate the support and prayers.

Thanks

CD

·
Banned
507 Posts
CD
It will be great when you are all back and we can renew our support group for those with BRD! I am Boone and I have BRD!:eek:

Sweet rifle too, really nice pics, the new 17 ain't to shabby neither :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
426 Posts
It will be great when you are all back and we can renew our support group for those with BRD! I am Boone and I have BRD!:eek:

Sweet rifle too, really nice pics, the new 17 ain't to shabby neither :)
See you all at BRD-AA? Funny!
Nice well put together weapon!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See you all at BRD-AA? Funny!
Nice well put together weapon!
Fortunately, none of us would show up to the BRD-AA meeting to admit we have a problem. The reason would be to show off the hardware and go shooting.:D The wives, on the other hand...Atleast mine knows it's terminal and is fine with it.:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts