#1 · (Edited)
My new Kimber 300 Win Mag

Kimber 300 Win Mag
Leupold 3.5-10x40 VXIII
Leupold Dual Dovetail Rings/Mount
Blackhawk Leather Sling

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, I find to say one rifle does not shoot well across the board is absurd. You might hear that stuff about every rifle out there. The problem is that you do not know how the scope was mounted, if it was in good shape, how the barrel was cared for, how it was broken in, how the barreled action was mounted in the stock, the elements the rifle was shot in, the ammunition used, and finally the rifleman's skill level. Just way too many variables to say a gun does not shoot. Kimber rifles have no reason to be inaccurate. They have all the necessary features to get you started in the right direction.

Well as far as shooting, I have only tried some handloads from a previous 300 Win Mag. I can tell from what I did shoot thus far the rifle is very capable as is. I get real world hunting position groups of 2.5" @ 250 yards in a 5-7 mph breeze with 200gr Nosler Partitions loaded hot. At this range just your pulse bounces the reticle around the bull. I am certain the rifle is more capable if I was to use a vise or sandbags. I find with the Kimber rifles there is a load it prefers, finding that load can be entertaining. I am sure there are better loads for this rifle, I need to try several 180 grain bullets and powder combo's to be sure.

#4 ·
That is a very nice rifle. I've been reading the Kimber catalogue. They make some nice firearms. I'd say you are set for just about everything from busting targets to sheep to moose! Nosler Partition is my favorite bullet for hunting. I like the 160 grn in my 7mm mag! 3 shots, 1 each, Dall sheep, grizz and record book wolf! Accuracy and dependable performance. You know the bullet will hold together.

#5 ·
Is that the Montana? 6 3/4#s? Carbon/Kevlar stock? Light enough to tote all day long. The carbon in the stock makes it very rigid and the kevlar makes if tough to dent. And the Leupold Variable.....just about as good as it gets.
Kimber has always made top notch guns. A Kimber Model 82 22lr is on my wish list.

Thanks again for the post

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.