Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i went into a small gun smith shop to day just for the heck of it looking at a few used hand guns every thing was to much $$ for me. he said he had two used rifles a winchester and some military semi auto i said can i see the winchester it was a 94 im 63 now wanted one sense about 8 yr old blame old 50's TV cowboy shows :) looked at it receiver was pretty pitted up. just little on the barrel looked at the price tag seen $140.00 looked at the bore was good SOLD !! :D im happy with it. looks like the tube was cut down i i will fix that some time . so now i guess i need to know about how old it it ser # 4890XXX any help on it ?

·
Banned
421 Posts
Your model 94 was made in 1984. $140 is a great price! It looks real good for the money. I would have jumped all over it. You should be able to find a full length tube to put on it pretty easy if you want. Check Numrich or Midway.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
FWIW, I like the abbreviated mag tube - IMHO it adds class.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
not sure why the mag tube was shortened . my guess it was in a state where you were limited to only 3 rounds . if that was the case a wood rod inside the tube would work just like a shotgun. might be another week before i can get to a range. i have a .243 i haven't shot ether they will both go to the range

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your model 94 was made in 1984. $140 is a great price! It looks real good for the money. I would have jumped all over it. You should be able to find a full length tube to put on it pretty easy if you want. Check Numrich or Midway.
thanks for the info on the year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts