Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys/gals my son is leaveing for war.he will be comeing home from training on the 21st for X-mas.then he will be off to fight for us around new years eve.we all new this day was comeing but heck it hurts to know now.just wish he was a little guy again.

I cannot say too much on what he will be doing.but will say that he will be in harms way ALOT.the more I think about it the more it hurts.so if some of you guys/gals wouldn't mind praying for him/us we would really like that.all we wish for is for him to come home safe and give us Grandkids one day.

thanks for reading and I really respet the site for all its worth.this site has helped out alot.the number one reason I joined up was because of this one forum page (Cross-Wire)and that I love to shoot/reload.

John

·
Registered
487 Posts
I dont really know what to say but i bet his team will have his 6 . this generations solders aim to kill i dont think its like the problems they had back in ww2 and korea . Im basically saying i think out soldiers are **** of alot tougher than use to be . no offense to any veterans

I joke with my dad the only way id go to war if they put me in a tank . Im sure he'll be alright . I had a cousin go over their 3 times and not get a scratch he was a gunner on a hummer

·
Banned
1,510 Posts
I dont really know what to say but i bet his team will have his 6 . this generations solders aim to kill i dont think its like the problems they had back in ww2 and korea . Im basically saying i think out soldiers are **** of alot tougher than use to be . no offense to any veterans

I joke with my dad the only way id go to war if they put me in a tank . Im sure he'll be alright . I had a cousin go over their 3 times and not get a scratch he was a gunner on a hummer
Our soldies today are tough as ever.... But what exactly makes you think our soldiers in ww2 and korea werent? I think you really messed up on your post... should delete it ASAP.

You'r sons service is much appreciated, and i will pray that he doesnt have to sacrifice too much..

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,153 Posts
I know just how you feel.

We're all hoping he comes home safe and sound.

RJ

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
My prayers go out to you, your family and your son. He'll be taking care of by his unit. My I ask which theater he's off to? I'm going home myself tomorrow to spent Christmas with my family, daughter in law and grandson. My oldest son will remain in Iraq and then I go back to Afghanistan. Have a blessed Christmas.

CD

·
Registered
143 Posts
Several Things To Say

My wife and I will be praying for your son and we'd like to thank him and yourself for your sacrifice. God bless you both! One thing though, it's spelled CHRISTmas, not X-mas. It drives me crazy when people use Xmas. Let's stand up for the Man who stood up for us! Lastly, as far as our military being tough like another poster said, I feel any Veterans and their families have to be tough no matter what generation they're from. America, we can not thank our Veterans enough!!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want too really thank you guys/gals.and I too see what you mean about CHRISTmas.never saw it that way but will put it that way for now on.

to:CombatDiver he is in the USMC going too Afghanistan.he is replaceing a unit that has already suffered 37 casualty's and I think 18 deaths in the past 6 months.

to:TKBibbore he too is a gunner for a Hummer.and this is why I am so scared for him.his back -side is wide open even his head.

yeah we too are very proud of him.but for me I am really proud of him because he stepped up to the call of duty when I didn't.my dad and grandfather both served.both in the army one joined and the other was drafted.so now we have three generations that wiil have fought in a war for us.WWII, Vietnam and Iraci Freedom.again I thank you all for your prayers.we too hope that all of you and your familys will have a Merry CHRISTmas.

John

·
Registered
83 Posts
I will keep him and you and the family in my prayers. Thank God for those that sacrifice with their service.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Our soldies today are tough as ever.... But what exactly makes you think our soldiers in ww2 and korea werent? I think you really messed up on your post... should delete it ASAP.

You'r sons service is much appreciated, and i will pray that he doesnt have to sacrifice too much..
I just think this generation is meaner lol. Its all part of being american though

·
Registered
128 Posts
We will add him to the list and keep him in our prayers. Best thing we all can do for our troops is show them our support. We don't ever want to treat them like our troops were treated during the VIET NAM WAR. No matter how you feel, show them your support. I'll never forget stepping off the bus and getting hit with bags of crap and being called baby killers.

SEMPER FI

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
22mag thanks for the reply and prayers.but sorry for what you had to come home to.as said before my dad was in Vietnam.so I know how you feel and the way ya'll have been treated.we still wish the goverment would show more affection to those who have serverd in a war.

again to all,thanks for all of yours prayers and I hope that all will have a Merry CHRISTmas.

·
Registered
350 Posts
God keep him close, grant him a steady hand and stout heart, and return him to us.

Stand tall, be ready, ever vigilant and good hunting. Thank you for your courage and your service.

Semper fidelis,

J. Paul Fallon
GySgt USMC-ret.
Vietnam 68, 69, 70 & 72

·
Registered
70 Posts
Know what you are feeling. My son went to Iraq twice, with the 25th out of Hawaii. Both tours had their moments, but everyone was well trained and professional and he made it back safe and he's in Phx, Az now for a recruitment tour. I had some real hard days wondering and worrying and I know you all will also, will be praying for you/yours and all the boys and families. God Bless

·
Registered
1 Posts
We will add him to the list and keep him in our prayers. Best thing we all can do for our troops is show them our support. We don't ever want to treat them like our troops were treated during the VIET NAM WAR. No matter how you feel, show them your support. I'll never forget stepping off the bus and getting hit with bags of crap and being called baby killers.

SEMPER FI
Couldn't have said better myself.Our grand daughters husband is heading over to Iraq for the 4 th time.Our thoughts and prayers are with you 5Rmilspec.

·
Registered
278 Posts

I think the original poster was awkwardly trying to say our men and women have rules of engagement that makes their job a lot tougher. Back in WWII and Korea you saw the enemy, you killed the enemy. If the enemy was in a church, goodbye church. Now our soldiers are shot at from mosques and we can't desecrate the mosque. Our guys/gals can't tell the terrorists from civilians until they start shooting. In WWII and Korea the enemy had uniforms. Now if a terrorist runs out of ammo and drops their rifles our soldiers have to practically read them Miranda rights so if they try them in NY City they will not have any evidence thrown out. Out of 260 counts of terrorist activity against Bin Laden's bodyguard/chauffer our justice department threw out all but one charge because the poor terrorist was treated too harshly when questioned. A marine was facing court martial for killing a wounded and bleeding terrorist because he felt the terrorist had a grenade and was waiting for our civilized soldiers to render medical aide to him. As they would compassionately render aid the wounded terrorist could kill them as his last act for Allah. Luckily, Fox News and especially O'Reilly created a poop storm and an outraged America demanded justice for the marine. The marine was found not guilty. Our soldiers are volunteers who believe in freedom when our country is watching Monday Night Football and worrying about the price of gas. They should be given the best equipment money can buy, not supplied by the lowest bidder and given one order....see the enemy, kill the enemy, wherever you find them. I don't believe the original poster was disrespecting veterans of previous wars, he was just trying to say how difficult it is to be politically correct while fighting the enemy. In Korea and especially WWII the whole country was involved. Now the View, MTV and Jerry Springer types are oblivious that good people are being maimed and killed to protect their freedom while fighting the enemy in a far away land. I honestly believe the poster is worried about his son and unfortunately mispoke. I wouldn't make any more of it than the slip of the tongue of a distraught parent whose son is going off to war.

·
Registered
672 Posts
OK guys/gals my son is leaveing for war.he will be comeing home from training on the 21st for X-mas.then he will be off to fight for us around new years eve.we all new this day was comeing but heck it hurts to know now.just wish he was a little guy again.

I cannot say too much on what he will be doing.but will say that he will be in harms way ALOT.the more I think about it the more it hurts.so if some of you guys/gals wouldn't mind praying for him/us we would really like that.all we wish for is for him to come home safe and give us Grandkids one day.

thanks for reading and I really respet the site for all its worth.this site has helped out alot.the number one reason I joined up was because of this one forum page (Cross-Wire)and that I love to shoot/reload.

John
I wish your son, you and your family the best.

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,762 Posts
I just think this generation is meaner lol. Its all part of being american though

tkbigbore,

You need to start using some common sense for the contents of your posts. Serving in the military, which you have not, is a proud honor for many of us. And smart remarks comparing 'toughness' and 'meanness' is juvenile and disrespectful to the thousands of veterans that have served and died. I'm going to give you 7 days off to think about being respectful, and ask that in the future you'll do a better job with your 'lol' responses.

Dan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts