Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
548 Posts
Doc, I had an uncle come back from the Battle of the BULGE, and also many of the Island campaigns. It was obvious he was not the same when he came home. He was very tight lipped about the service and what he had seen. I was not tight with him as he would not let anybody get close to him. this was a shame, he had a lot of history he could have taught us welps growing up. Alot of this I will never understand. If ever I have a chance to teach someone something I will fall over backwards trying, I think that is the way most of us here are. The way it should be.
John

· Banned
548 Posts
Dok, I joined the USMC in 83'. I was thrown out on a pre - existing medical condition. I should have never played high school football.
I trained with a lot of young soldiers who were killed in the Beirut bombing, this is where I would have been if I had not been thrown out.
We all pray for our soldiers out there. And kind of adopt the families who are here by themselves for now. I really do not know of a different way to do things.
Help those we can, and pray for those we can't help in any other way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.