Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked-up a S&W M&P40. 4" barrel. i am looking for a good holster to fit this gun. anyone have an experience?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Just picked-up a S&W M&P40. 4" barrel. i am looking for a good holster to fit this gun. anyone have an experience?
Stay away from the cheapo plastic holsters such as Fobus. Look at Galco, Bianchi, Safariland, Don Hume and DeSantis. I like leather but there are also some polymer holsters that are lined in sueded that are nice. I had a Safariland polymer that was lined in suede that I used for about 9 years. I used it at least 5 days a week for all those years until it finally developed a crack. I thought that was pretty good service but when I replaced it I went back to leather, this time Galco. I currently use two Galco and two Safariland depending on what and how I'm carrying that day. You will spend a little extra on the front end but you will get more for your money.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I ran into a great Inside the waistband from Blackhawk. Got one for the HK and have been carrying it some. Unbelievable. The thing is about 12 bucks and works really good. I will let you know if it losens up or something but for now it is awesome.

·
Banned
43 Posts
If you're looking for an IWB, check out the Crossbreed SuperTuck or Barber Leather Works. I have the Barber for my G30 and wear it daily. Good product made in the US by sole proprietor. The Crossbreed has a pretty long backlog - at least they did when I was looking about 2 years ago.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am looking for a good hip holster. Something that carries pretty high that can easily be concealed with a shirt/jacket.

I have a crossbreed IWB for my XD and love it, but the M&P will most likely not be a IWB carry gun for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts