Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Colt C&R model 601 select fire back in 1994 as an investment and I am now interested in selling it.

The process confounds me and every body wants at least 20% to sell it.

Could any of you folks list the steps for me to sell it ???

Thank You

·
Premium Member
14,198 Posts
It has to transfer through a Class III dealer....and he's going to take a commission. You can advertise it yourself at gunsinternational dot com, but it still has to transfer through dealers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought a Colt C&R model 601 select fire back in 1994 as an investment and I am now interested in selling it.

The process confounds me and every body wants at least 20% to sell it.

Could any of you folks list the steps for me to sell it ???

Thank You
thanks for the info,,,,,, I need info on what forms to use and the sequence of these forms going to the ATF.

·
Premium Member
14,198 Posts
I would ask BATF and not take anybody else's word for it, but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
14,198 Posts
Detroit has an ATF field office. I go there and ask with my phone on record (I guess it's legal there). AFIK (and I don't), the buyer has to initiate the buy and start the hoop jumping. Once he's cleared to buy, then you notify BATF of the sale. The dealer does that paper work. That's the way it used to work.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,072 Posts
The dealer is going to have to handle the paperwork, not you. These guys gave you good advice.... talk to a dealer before you get yourself in trouble. This isn't a "do it yourself" proposition.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I won't advise you about the legalities, but I would advise that, if possible, sell it within your own state. I was looking into how to sell a can, out of curiosity, and it was said to be easier because it didn't have to go through 2 dealers when sold. Your dealer to his/her dealer....don't know , but it sounds like it makes sense....rsbhunter

·
Registered
134 Posts
good morning from the southern border of Detroit,,,,,thanks again but the ATF wont tell me; I tried.
I can't imagine anything where the waffen BATFEces could be helpful. At best they're neutral or cause no immediate harm.

You need to find a dealer to sell it through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts